Clutch Spring

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's not some crazy difference, but I prefer the steeda spring. The problem I have with the stock one is that it's so stiff that when you're letting the clutch out, once it passes a certain point in the pivot it really strongly "bumps" your foot in a non linear way. This is a function of how the assist spring/pedal assembly work and not the spring's fault, but it exaggerates the problem. The steeda spring makes it much less annoying to get to the bite and not jump past it and be jerky.
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Yea I was wondering the same thing ! Thanks keep me posted .
Got my spring and perch switched out. First, no issues what so ever with breaking it switching them out… can’t imagine how you would break that thing removing it unless you did it with a mallet… That being said, the stock perch is a bit flimsy compared to the Steeda one and I’m still happy I have the stronger version over all. Install was a piece of cake, took a minute. New spring, no complaints, allows better feel for clutch engagement point. It was noticeable but not dramatic, happy with it but didn’t blow my mind or anything.

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
It's not some crazy difference, but I prefer the steeda spring. The problem I have with the stock one is that it's so stiff that when you're letting the clutch out, once it passes a certain point in the pivot it really strongly "bumps" your foot in a non linear way. This is a function of how the assist spring/pedal assembly work and not the spring's fault, but it exaggerates the problem. The steeda spring makes it much less annoying to get to the bite and not jump past it and be jerky.
You just described it it way better than I did.

When you're at that critical bite point where you need the most fine control; it pushes back at your foot the most.
The aftermarket spring eliminates that problem.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
This will do an even better job :

WD :like:
Sponsored

Reactions: ZZR