Clutch recommendations for boosted applications

Gurupitka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 2021 powerboost
Currently running 624 wheel on pump gas, with the intentions of moving to e85 but stopping the hunt for horsepower around 750-850 wheel

The Mantic sounds amazing but is it worth the extra money?

mcleod and lpxHD are ones I’m looking into as well.
Anyone have experience with more than one of these? The car will see a drag strip maybe one time a year and will be street driven 99% of the time
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I've got the lpxhd on my TT gt. It's a good clutch. I don't love it but I do like it for the most part. No lockout like the stock clutch and handles both rush hour traffic and banging gears at 8k no problem. Mine hasn't been to the track so I can't help there but it gets beat on everyday on the street. I've put over 25k miles on it already.

Evil Twin GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domingo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
I talked to Ben @ Calimers transmission , when building my Whippled GT350 and he recommended Vengeance stage 1 clutch kit , I’m very pleased with it ,pedal feels like a stock clutch tranny shifts smooth and has plenty of clamping power , I’m at around 850 whp

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I talked to Ben @ Calimers transmission , when building my Whippled GT350 and he recommended Vengeance stage 1 clutch kit , I’m very pleased with it ,pedal feels like a stock clutch tranny shifts smooth and has plenty of clamping power , I’m at around 850 whp
Is your car street driven only, or do you make hits at the drag strip as well?

Sponsored

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
what fluid did they use

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Currently running 624 wheel on pump gas, with the intentions of moving to e85 but stopping the hunt for horsepower around 750-850 wheel

The Mantic sounds amazing but is it worth the extra money?

mcleod and lpxHD are ones I’m looking into as well.
Anyone have experience with more than one of these? The car will see a drag strip maybe one time a year and will be street driven 99% of the time
mcleod, vengeance, exedy, mantic, those are our goto, all depends on how you drive and use the car as far as material.

not a fan of kevlar, more marketing to push a house brand imo

Hit up @beefcake Ask for a vengeance clutch. These flywheel is crazy. I ran this brand in my drift car good stuff.
:)

OP
OP

Gurupitka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 2021 powerboost
mcleod, vengeance, exedy, mantic, those are our goto, all depends on how you drive and use the car as far as material.

not a fan of kevlar, more marketing to push a house brand imo

:)
This is my first boosted car, I have zero intentions of racing it on the strip or a track. Just a visit maybe 2-3 times in my lifetime I just want the best bang for the buck without having to do 3k launches to get around in the city.

I live in Detroit so I constantly get stuck at lights

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
This is my first boosted car, I have zero intentions of racing it on the strip or a track. Just a visit maybe 2-3 times in my lifetime I just want the best bang for the buck without having to do 3k launches to get around in the city.

I live in Detroit so I constantly get stuck at lights
mcleod rst, vengeance stage 1, or exedy mach 600 would be my goto

Evil Twin GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domingo
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
Is your car street driven only, or do you make hits at the drag strip as well?
My car is a new build , motor and whipple , done a couple of hits in Mexico , waiting for the track to open in my area , but my car is a weekend warrior , with occasional track hits ……

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
My car is a new build , motor and whipple , done a couple of hits in Mexico , waiting for the track to open in my area , but my car is a weekend warrior , with occasional track hits ……
If your hitting the dragstrip, you want ceremetallic.
Sponsored