OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So an update: I will get the car back today so I can confirm whether it fixed the issue. I reached out to the shop to ask the part number so I can share with you guys. While I don't have the part number itself. They are replacing the "Upper spring plate" which has a bearing built into it. It should be back today or tomorrow then I can confirm with you guys if that fixed the issue.
Sponsored

GSFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
So an update: I will get the car back today so I can confirm whether it fixed the issue. I reached out to the shop to ask the part number so I can share with you guys. While I don't have the part number itself. They are replacing the "Upper spring plate" which has a bearing built into it. It should be back today or tomorrow then I can confirm with you guys if that fixed the issue.
Great!

GSFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Well, I have some good news! The upper spring plate has resolved the issue
That included the bearing part as well I assume?

I will talk to my service manager about this very issue. Appreciate the feedback.

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That included the bearing part as well I assume?

I will talk to my service manager about this very issue. Appreciate the feedback.
Yes that part had the bearing built into it apparently

Sponsored

GSFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I'm going to torque mine up first before taking it in.

jpboats

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My 19 Bullitt started doing this also. Sounds almost like a common problem, will take mine in also

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey guys, can one of you take a photo pointing to what needs to be torqued? I can't quite visualize what the issue might be. In case our cars develop the same issue. And may I ask if any of the afflicted cars hit a large pothole, tracked the car, or something else that could have 'justified' the issue? Thx.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey guys, can one of you take a photo pointing to what needs to be torqued? I can't quite visualize what the issue might be. In case our cars develop the same issue. And may I ask if any of the afflicted cars hit a large pothole, tracked the car, or something else that could have 'justified' the issue? Thx.
Not sure what can be torqued down. But here's a link to the part number that was replaced in my car and resolved the issue with the clunk while turning the wheel. You can see what looks like a bearing inside of it.

https://www.oemfordpart.com/oem-parts/ford-spring-seat-fr3z5a306a

GSFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
My noise came at 13,000 miles on my 2019 GT Premium and no I have never hit a pothole. It is so terribly annoying. Happens at very low speed and once you speed up it goes away. The only thing different from day one was having tires rotated at the dealership. I will try to tighten as it is shown here but if it does not improve I definitely will take it to my dealer which is a good dealer BTW!

Here is a torque videos of the top nut. Believe it is 76 Ft. lbs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tig...ome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_8bL1X8mcC8yC5wK6nZHwBw9

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks guys. Forgot to say my car has Magneride. Remember reading that supposedly those struts were beefier than regular ones. Does anybody know if that's the case? And are those having issues have MR, or regular suspension? Curious about that. Thx.

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Unfortunately after driving around 20 miles the clunking had returned. I have brand new strut assembly wheel bearings. Knuckle and tie rods along with sway bar links. Wonder why it's coming from there. I guess torquing the nut would be the next step in this process.

GSFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Unfortunately after driving around 20 miles the clunking had returned. I have brand new strut assembly wheel bearings. Knuckle and tie rods along with sway bar links. Wonder why it's coming from there. I guess torquing the nut would be the next step in this process.
Surely that was done properly at the dealer wouldn't you think. Here's an interesting side note, it rained last night and when driving this morning it was better! Geesh what gives with a little humidity in the air? On the other hand it may have had nothing to do with it.

Will retorque mine in a few days and will reply!
Sponsored