OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Surely that was done properly at the dealer wouldn't you think. Here's an interesting side note, it rained last night and when driving this morning it was better! Geesh what gives with a little humidity in the air? On the other hand it may have had nothing to do with it.

Will retorque mine in a few days and will reply!
A ford authorized shop has worked on it, not the dealership. I will now have to take it to them. I still do think it is an issue with the upper spring plate or related component as, the sound isn't as loud or as often anymore so replacing the Upper spring plate did improve it even though it didn't fix it.
Sponsored

GSFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Retorgued and noise vibration still present. So the only thing different in the last 1000 miles or so was a tire rotation at the dealership. I have P265/35R20 front and back. Somewhere I thought I read that rear rims were 1/2 in wider (but can't find it now). If so and rear rims were moved to the front could that cause a slight "rub"?

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yep sounds like a wheel bearing issue.
The problem is, my bearing assemblies were replaced and the noise persisted. The car is back at the shop and they identified that the new spring plates they installed one of them was faulty and have to be replaced again.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Somewhere I thought I read that rear rims were 1/2 in wider (but can't find it now).
On PP1/Bullitts, yep. Fronts are 9.0", and rears 9.5", and with different offsets. And now you have the wrong tires on both wheels. Why did you do that???

Sponsored

GSFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
On PP1/Bullitts, yep. Fronts are 9.0", and rears 9.5", and with different offsets. And now you have the wrong tires on both wheels. Why did you do that???
Mine is not a PP1 or Bullitt just a stock GT. So as I understand the rims are the same. I did not watch the tech rotate the tires at the last oil change but presume he did the proper rotation. People are saying the issue could be a wheel bearing but geesh it only has 14,000 miles on it. Hard to believe.

I will get it to the dealership but my experience has always been if something only occurs 50% of the time it will never show up when the mechanic takes it for a test drive and there you sit frustrated when he tells you he can't reproduce your symptom. So I wanted to drive a bit more to see if it gets worse. There are no sounds or vibration beyond 10 mph and it only occurs at idle and extreme turn left or right. "Whoomp whoomph whoomph" and vibration in steering wheel and pedal. Give it gas and it goes away!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
In that case, the wheels have nothing to do with your problem. And yes, on regular GTs, the wheels are the same all around.

GSFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
The problem is, my bearing assemblies were replaced and the noise persisted. The car is back at the shop and they identified that the new spring plates they installed one of them was faulty and have to be replaced again.
Taking the GT in on Tuesday - we will see what the diagnosis is!

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Update: got my car back, it still had a knock the first time I drove it, however I haven't heard it since driving it the first time and that is the only time I heard it. I'm putting 600 miles on her next week so let's see how it goes from there.

@GSFL any update on yours?

GSFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Update: got my car back, it still had a knock the first time I drove it, however I haven't heard it since driving it the first time and that is the only time I heard it. I'm putting 600 miles on her next week so let's see how it goes from there.

@GSFL any update on yours?
Cancelled my appointment in Florida as I didn't like the service reps offer to work me in whenever they could! Talked to my service rep in Indiana and he's more focused on wheel, tire, rotor, bearing. Of course he can't troubleshoot over the phone. Mine is consistent but not getting worse.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So my car started making that noise again. At this point I was getting frustrated. I drove the car 6 hours back to L.A to Galpin where I purchased the car. They have had it for a week, diagnosed it to be the strut mounts not the spring plate and I am due to get it back today. I really hope this fixes for good.

GSFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
So my car started making that noise again. At this point I was getting frustrated. I drove the car 6 hours back to L.A to Galpin where I purchased the car. They have had it for a week, diagnosed it to be the strut mounts not the spring plate and I am due to get it back today. I really hope this fixes for good.
Let me know - thanks and good luck!

OP
OP

mAkI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moiz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Unfortunately still making the noise. At this point every single suspension component has been replaced....

GSFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Unfortunately still making the noise. At this point every single suspension component has been replaced....
I'm out of ideas! I'll report when I know something, but not heading north until spring.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone considered the steering column. Turning the wheel, L & R same sounds? 100% of the time, intermittent?
Sponsored