OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I'm here to give you an encouragement to get the V8
Haha thank you, but it is not yet my time to bless the streets of Toronto with the rich, powerful and outright destructive roar of the V8. I will trade up to it one day!

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
The Coyote engined Mustangs are great, and I should know as I've had two of them. But please do not underestimate the Cyclone V-6...300HP on reg unleaded and such smooth acceleration. Truth of the matter is one cannot go wrong with any of the engine choices. The body looks terrific...the interior ergonomics are vastly improved and sharp-looking...and the IRS delivers true "sports car" handling quietly. You will love whichever Mustang you buy. Pony Up!

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Just today my 2015 V-6 vert saved me from a deadly crash. Driving 75 MPH on I-10 going west outta Houston in the right lane, I noticed a large empty dump truck in the passing lane coming up fast and about to run into a wrecker truck that was at a dead stop in his lane. The dump truck jumped on his brakes right next to me and he jack-knifed his truck. I had to swerve to my right off the highway and down a 45* angle grass embankment. I flew off the highay at 75MPH and down the hill. No time to hit the brakes. I prayed that I wouldn't roll the car. I tell this story because the car is so well balanced that when I took off down the grass I was able to control the skid down the grassy hill and manage to turn the car down the grassy ditch for about 100 yards. Truly scary shit...if there had been a culvert or tree, I wouldn't be telling this story. I believe my well balanced Mustang helped save me from being nailed by the dump truck which ended on its side closing the interstate. I was able to inch my Mustang up the hill and back to the roadway. Damned dump truck driver almost killed me. After what happened today, no one can convince me that these aren't great cars. Go for it!
Holy crap:eyebulge:, have you checked out your suspension/Alignment? His insurance will have to pay if you are on the police report. Glad you and the car seem to have made it unscathed!

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
So so Lucky!

Holy crap:eyebulge:, have you checked out your suspension/Alignment? His insurance will have to pay if you are on the police report. Glad you and the car seem to have made it unscathed!
By the time I got my car stopped and slowly released my breath, I ended up at the bottom of a grassy ditch. I got out at looked at my Stang but could not see under the car for all the mud and grass. Luckily the car could move and I inched it up the incline back to the shoulder of the interstate. I was a couple of hundred yards down the interstate from the overturned dump truck. The police where already on the scene. I stood there digging all the grassy muddy crap from my car with a stick. A policeman came down and asked me what happened and took my statement. He told me that thankfully the truck driver was not hurt but he totaled his rig. I limped down the interstate and found a self serve coin car wash at the next little town. After a through washing, no apparent damage. Got under car at home with a trouble light and could find no damage or anything bent. How truly lucky I am!:amen::headbang::clap2:

Sponsored

Jon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6 (Magnetic)
Fellow Canadian/Mustang enthusiast

Hi,

Where do you live in Canada roughly? I'm in Ontario, and I drive my 2015 all year round. The Mustang is not too low to the ground so with winter tires it handles itself very well in the snow; especially with the limited diff and snow tires. Also, not to rub in the "I love manual transmission" talk as I usually do, however, gearing down allows me to not use the breaks as much and/or at all depending on the speed/weather conditions. I find gearing down makes the car slow down safely without braking as it doesn't lock the tires which can cause the ABS to kick in/slide.

Anyways, I'm all for a muscle car in the winter, it really depends on how patient you will be re: learning to handle it. If it makes any difference, my father drove a 68 Camaro and C3 Corvette in the winter for the lifespans of the cars and never had an issue (don't recommend the vette though, his new one doesn't see snow).

OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Hi,

Where do you live in Canada roughly? I'm in Ontario, and I drive my 2015 all year round. The Mustang is not too low to the ground so with winter tires it handles itself very well in the snow; especially with the limited diff and snow tires. Also, not to rub in the "I love manual transmission" talk as I usually do, however, gearing down allows me to not use the breaks as much and/or at all depending on the speed/weather conditions. I find gearing down makes the car slow down safely without braking as it doesn't lock the tires which can cause the ABS to kick in/slide.

Anyways, I'm all for a muscle car in the winter, it really depends on how patient you will be re: learning to handle it. If it makes any difference, my father drove a 68 Camaro and C3 Corvette in the winter for the lifespans of the cars and never had an issue (don't recommend the vette though, his new one doesn't see snow).
Thanks for this post. I'm located in Toronto. Actually, I went and got the car today so I'm really excited. Pics: http://imgur.com/a/XegjZ

Jon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6 (Magnetic)
Congrats!

Oh man, congrats! I remember that feeling of having an interesting and fun car to drive. Best of luck man, and enjoy!

OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Have any of you guys got the Ford's maintenance package? (12 visits, covers oil changes, brakes, etc.) Is it worth it?

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Have any of you guys got the Ford's maintenance package? (12 visits, covers oil changes, brakes, etc.) Is it worth it?
I got the 60k version on my 2012 Escape and it seems overpriced. I had to fight the dealer service dept. ( mildly) on a couple things which I found irritating.

I got employee pricing on the car thanks to my brother in law and felt like I needed to give a little back so to speak.

Didn't get it on my Mustang.

Chris

Sponsored

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6
Thanks for this post. I'm located in Toronto. Actually, I went and got the car today so I'm really excited. Pics: http://imgur.com/a/XegjZ
Congrats, buddy! I'm in Toronto too. That's a sweet sweet V6. Welcome to the club! :headbang:

I plan to drive mine during winter as well. Pretty much heard all the things you mentioned. Good Snow Tires + Weight in the Trunk + TTC on Really Clusterfucky days + Caution = You'll be fine.

I would suggest you get comfortable with the 'S' mode and paddle shifters though. Since we don't have winter driving mode, we might have to rely on manually changing gears during bad conditions.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
I didn't get either the extended warranty or the service plan. I looked at them long and hard and decided that they absolutely weren't for me.

Depends upon which plan, how much mileage, how frequently you drive, who long you'll own it, and how much need you have for financial stability.

There are some 'packaged' plans wrapped into/with/"free" with the Ford plans at some dealerships that I personally believe are unethical. Buyer beware.

In general, remember that extended warranties/service plans are not advantageous for the customer - or the company would not be offering them (because they would be losing money on them). Like an insurance policy, it depends upon your need for security & planning.

OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I didn't get either the extended warranty or the service plan. I looked at them long and hard and decided that they absolutely weren't for me.

Depends upon which plan, how much mileage, how frequently you drive, who long you'll own it, and how much need you have for financial stability.

There are some 'packaged' plans wrapped into/with/"free" with the Ford plans at some dealerships that I personally believe are unethical. Buyer beware.

In general, remember that extended warranties/service plans are not advantageous for the customer - or the company would not be offering them (because they would be losing money on them). Like an insurance policy, it depends upon your need for security & planning.
I agree - I generally never get any extended warranties, but this maintenance plan really caught my attention. It's 5 year/100000km plan transferable with the vehicle and I get to come in every 8000km and they take care of all the things on the list. Difference is that I do not have to pay each time I come as the plan is integrated into the loan. Again, I'd have to do the math on it, but I was curious of what others thought of it.

OP
OP

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Congrats, buddy! I'm in Toronto too. That's a sweet sweet V6. Welcome to the club! :headbang:

I plan to drive mine during winter as well. Pretty much heard all the things you mentioned. Good Snow Tires + Weight in the Trunk + TTC on Really Clusterfucky days + Caution = You'll be fine.

I would suggest you get comfortable with the 'S' mode and paddle shifters though. Since we don't have winter driving mode, we might have to rely on manually changing gears during bad conditions.
I'm really excited for the paddles, been wanting them on a car for years. Have you joined the local clubs yet? If so, have you attended any meets/events? I joined the 'http://torontomustangclub.ca/' forums, but there is also GTAMC forums. Not sure which one is "better".

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6
I'm really excited for the paddles, been wanting them on a car for years. Have you joined the local clubs yet? If so, have you attended any meets/events? I joined the 'http://torontomustangclub.ca/' forums, but there is also GTAMC forums. Not sure which one is "better".
No, unfortunately. I've been so busy these days that I haven't had the chance. But I know there is also Da Silva Racing. Less of a club, more of a body shop, but they specialize in Mustangs, and they run events regularly. Check them out here if you're interested:

http://www.dasilvaracing.com/

Unfortunately, I haven't managed to attend any of their events either, but they did a damn good job on my mods.
Sponsored