Climate controlled Drivers Seat Not Working

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Recently noticed that my drivers seat doesn't change temperature when using the climate controlled seats.

The lights on the button come on, but the relay doesn't click like it does for the passenger side.

Iv checked the connector under passenger seat like Iv saw on other threads, doesn't look burnt or damaged, also checked fuse 14 in engine bay for the climate control seats and all looks OK.

Cant find any info on a relay behind the glove box where the click comes from for the passenger side.
Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Recently noticed that my drivers seat doesn't change temperature when using the climate controlled seats.

The lights on the button come on, but the relay doesn't click like it does for the passenger side.

Iv checked the connector under passenger seat like Iv saw on other threads, doesn't look burnt or damaged, also checked fuse 14 in engine bay for the climate control seats and all looks OK.

Cant find any info on a relay behind the glove box where the click comes from for the passenger side.
they're just pants, they use a peltier device which when powered one way cools and then powered the other way heats, its a cooling and heating element within the fans, however, they're not efficient the cooling side gets hot when it can no longer dissipate the heat on the hot side when in use for long periods. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_effect)

there are a few posts on the forum about them, you need to use 3D printed parts which i've had a go at on the passenger side as the problem is the exhaust for the hot side (when in cooling) is right next to the air intake of the cold side. i've added tubing so it exhausts it else where and gets the intake from the front, but it would be better actually plumbed into the A/C vents into the footwell, which is what i would do if i could be bothered to look into it further

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
they're just pants, they use a peltier device which when powered one way cools and then powered the other way heats, its a cooling and heating element within the fans, however, they're not efficient the cooling side gets hot when it can no longer dissipate the heat on the hot side when in use for long periods. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_effect)

there are a few posts on the forum about them, you need to use 3D printed parts which i've had a go at on the passenger side as the problem is the exhaust for the hot side (when in cooling) is right next to the air intake of the cold side. i've added tubing so it exhausts it else where and gets the intake from the front, but it would be better actually plumbed into the A/C vents into the footwell, which is what i would do if i could be bothered to look into it further
Has this changed in the 2018 + cars ?

When cooling mine appears to use the AC plus fan from below, whereas the heater element is built in to the seat as usual ?

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Has this changed in the 2018 + cars ?

When cooling mine appears to use the AC plus fan from below, whereas the heater element is built in to the seat as usual ?
Not sure to be honest I would have thought they were the same "TED" devices but they could have upgraded it for the 2018, if they have I'd consider getting them haha

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Not sure to be honest I would have thought they were the same "TED" devices but they could have upgraded it for the 2018, if they have I'd consider getting them haha
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/cooled-seats-not-cooling.23384/page-111

Check out this thread it doesn't appear to have changed, you've reinvigorated my interest in this...

There's a few "hot" fixes you can do,
3D print air intake/exhaust parts and ducting
Make for airflow in the seats (mainly for seat back)
Possible forscan options but not aware of the FIX
Plump the ducts directly to the A/C

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Yeah I'll check it out, Iv asked on a couple of other threads aswell tbf. Seems a confusing issue, a basic diagnostics scan did throw up error code B272C which Iv had a search for online.

https://www.dtcdecode.com/Ford/B272C
Sponsored