Cleaning Tailpipes

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
All of the above are good... I use this based on recommendation through this forum. Works for me.
That’s the stuff i use as well, but lately i’ve been using a shovel more than anything else. :lol:
Sponsored

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
For a quick clean I use meguiar's wheel brightener while cleaning the wheels.

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
I just wipe mine with a wet absorber each time after driving it. But I assume any of those automotive chrome polishes would work.

After every drive? Holy sh*t.

IMHO - they don’t protrude much, and blend into the rear valence. I’ve never touched them. And I’m a particular SOB.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
any aluminum or metal polish works on them.. but they won't be very shinny, they are kinda flat. Unless you really use elbow grease and start sanding with sand paper and then go through some layers of metal polish.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Yup unless I go on a trip and wait till the next day to clean car up. If just driving around town when I get home I pull it into the carport. I wipe the car with a California duster, wipe all the windows and tail pipe tips with an absorber then put the car cover that came with it on. Always hand wash car with a wash and wax and wax entire car two to three times a year. That's just the way I am!

Sponsored

Secondtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350dib tech
I've used 3m red scotch rite pad to clean up using very little pressure ,been doing the same for fox body exhaust tips for 30 years with no problems.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
white diamond polish all the way

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
That’s the stuff i use as well, but lately i’ve been using a shovel more than anything else. :lol:
Oh man has this winter been a bitch. Losing places to put the snow :shrug::frusty:
Hope all is well up there in the frozen tundra :thumbsup:

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Yup unless I go on a trip and wait till the next day to clean car up. If just driving around town when I get home I pull it into the carport. I wipe the car with a California duster, wipe all the windows and tail pipe tips with an absorber then put the car cover that came with it on. Always hand wash car with a wash and wax and wax entire car two to three times a year. That's just the way I am!
Just do 2 layers of Carpro Cquartz, and no waxing for 2 years. It's like glass.
(but you can wax on top if that's your thing).

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Oh man has this winter been a bitch. Losing places to put the snow :shrug::frusty:
Hope all is well up there in the frozen tundra :thumbsup:
Tell me about it, even the dog seems lost as to where he’ll poop next time. :doh:
Oh BTW, sorry for your loss ! ;)
I see the light (i think :)) at the end of the tunnel, hang in there, we’ll soon be having a few cold ones on my backyard deck. :cheers::cheers:

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Really simply and easy honestly, just use some 0000 grade steel wool to remove any possible deposits, combined with some basic spray nine, simple green, any of your basic cleaners will get the job done. No need for polishes or special chrome cleaners; just far more expensive products that do the exact same job.

Top_Notch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I had all sorts of deposits on my Roush A/Bs and didn't want to harm the finish. I used Meguiar's D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax on them and that removed all deposits and shined them up nicely. I spray everything with that shit!

Cammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2001 F-150 Lightning
I’ve only used Simple Green after every few drives when I see deposits. Never needed to use polish.