Sponsored

Clay bar with spray polish?

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I threw out all my clay bars and spray polish...

Went to a Nanoskin 6" autoscrub and moved to a sealer called Blackfire

game changer ...

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I"ve used Blackfire before.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Want to try a product I found to be very useful, for us hand washers out here.

Look into a thing called a Bone Wash Sponge.
Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 6.59.50 AM.png

Why it's 3" thick holds a lot of soapy water and can be rolled/flipped while using.

Cleans a large surface area. The contour allows it to easily reach into the body's concave areas, tail lights, grill, etc.

Stuff it in rotating to clean, turn it on its side, or use the edge and run it down a recessed body line. Stuff it under & in between the wing and rear deck lid. Slide over to where the underside meets pull it, done not a spot missed.

Way better than a mitt, I ordered the thing on a whim and tossed the mitt after a few uses.

I like surprises :champagne:

Last edited:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Michael: My thinking is, the detailer spray will lubricate the clay but that is all and of course, the car has to be squeaky clean. With detailer, you'd have to wipe it off and buff. Personally, I much prefer to use soapy water and dedicated clay lube then, wash the vehicle when finished. After that, a detail spray would be indicated.
same here...I wash first and rinse but don't dry off. Use clean soapy water (same as first wash) and that serves as the lube for the claybar. Once I'm done claying I rewash with new soapy water....2 bucket method for all steps. It may be a bit overboard but I'm happy with results. After that move to polish and wax, cermamic coating or whatever you do. The claybar sets the surface foundation for products that follow.