CJPONYPARTS...REALLY?!

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Right, but it's an issue between BMR and CJ Pony Parts, not between BMR and the OP. This is a brand new part, and the expectation, when ordered is that it'll be as CJ asserts it to be.

This is CJs issue to fix.
When I deal with a service provider at work I don't care who they leverage as down stream channel partners, couriers blah blah blah. If I'm paying a company for a product then that company will resolve any potential warranty, delivery or quality control issues. Who they choose to partner with is not my business, they are.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I know a guy who works / worked at bmr not sure if he still does. but they are pretty proud of the products they ship. id have a hard time believing it shipped that bad. I want to believe it got damaged in shipment

OP
OP

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Right, but it's an issue between BMR and CJ Pony Parts, not between BMR and the OP. This is a brand new part, and the expectation, when ordered is that it'll be as CJ asserts it to be.

This is CJs issue to fix.
Exactly!!!

OP
OP

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I know a guy who works / worked at bmr not sure if he still does. but they are pretty proud of the products they ship. id have a hard time believing it shipped that bad. I want to believe it got damaged in shipment
Based on the boxes I received this morning... damaged in shipment!

I am a huge BMR fan, I have lots of there stuff on my 2018 pony, and will buy more... just not from CJ. Bye Felicia!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
This should have been settled by the end of the days business. The fact that it hasn’t is not a good look. Wouldn‘t it be prudent for BMR to send a new product out and then chew on CJ Pony Parts‘ hind parts (maybe even sever business ties with them) for handling the situation so poorly?

Sponsored

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
Based on the boxes I received this morning... damaged in shipment!

I am a huge BMR fan, I have lots of there stuff on my 2018 pony, and will buy more... just not from CJ. Bye Felicia!
if the box was mangled and you have a bent part then the issue is with the shipper. cjpp should file a claim with them, send you a replacement and have the shipper pick up the bent part.

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I'm glad I read this. I was about to order a cat-back from them. This type of customer support is unacceptable and they should not be allowed to be a forum sponsor.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad I read this. I was about to order a cat-back from them. This type of customer support is unacceptable and they should not be allowed to be a forum sponsor.
you know, I dont really think they are a sponsor much anymore. theyve literally not been on here in a year or two. but since they did pay a sponsor fee I dont know if they ever get removed. but I dont think they are "actively" apart of the community anymore.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
Have they no reply here? I thought they were quite active in the past.
I've always thought that they were not a source for me...$$, and tbftb (to big for their britches).

BigRob009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2
I’m a newer member but I’ve read this forum for years, and I’ve been in the auto industry for over 20 years. I’ve read enough and have to chime in. No company is without their issues and no company can prevent all problems from happening. However, how they respond and help their customers is what matters. With that said, CJ Pony Parts has the absolute worst customer service of any parts supplier I’ve ever dealt with. Sorry Bill, your videos are amazing and have helped me a million times, but your sales & CS staff are horrible. I’ve personally had 2 separate issues with them either sending the wrong parts or damaged parts, and in each example they sent bad replacement parts multiple times! Good luck trying to reach someone on the phone as well. Needless to say, I have never gone back.

Recently, I purchased a set of RTR Tech 7’s from American Muscle. 2 rims arrived with blemishes in the paint that were clearly from the factory. I took pics and called AM and they had my return labels in my email and 2 replacement rims in process to send me before I hung up the call. No issues at all. That’s the type of service we should all expect.

With years of experience in the auto industry dealing with parts suppliers and shipping carriers, here’s a few pieces of valuable advice:

1. Keep all receipts and records of all orders and log all conversations with reps -including names and dates
2. When your package arrives, take out your phone (get someone to help if needed) and record everything- the carrier dropping it off (if possible), the condition of the package(s), the unboxing & inspection of the part - everything you can.
3. When installing, have your phone ready to either record or take pics of parts that don’t fit, as many places will try to refuse returns once you attempt installation.
4. Whenever possible, order parts using a credit card that has consumer friendly protections and great customer service, just in case CJ…oops…I mean the supplier refuses to return your money when they’re at fault.

Hope this helps! As a long time reader, you guys are awesome for contributing such great content that helps other Mustang owners!

Thanks everyone!

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Missed the memo ? That's how it works now.

1. STFU & give me the money
2. STFU there's nothing wrong with it. Even if it's a obvious non-manufacturing bend in a structural piece.
3. STFU you aren't getting a refund/replacement.

Customer service has gone to shit cause they think they're doing you the favor. Fuck that.

Next time get a hold of @beefcake for your parts & avoid headaches. Best prices/service in the biz.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Careful, you just gave someone an advertising campaign! (I'm writing the jingle right now!)

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
I am staring at the photos, wondering where the bend/dent might be. Maybe it shows better in person. And while I agree we all want our parts to be perfect, this one looks perfect to a fairly careful inspection. Their email response could have been a lot better, but I am thinking they may have been having trouble seeing the problem as well. Still, the customer is always right, right? And they should have been willing to cross ship you another part. (For my part, unless it looks a lot worse in person, I'd have bolted that sucker on and sent it.)

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look at the flat piece that welds onto the round piece.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I am staring at the photos, wondering where the bend/dent might be. Maybe it shows better in person. And while I agree we all want our parts to be perfect, this one looks perfect to a fairly careful inspection. Their email response could have been a lot better, but I am thinking they may have been having trouble seeing the problem as well. Still, the customer is always right, right? And they should have been willing to cross ship you another part. (For my part, unless it looks a lot worse in person, I'd have bolted that sucker on and sent it.)
From the pictures, it's quite obvious where the bend is...

To OP - when you install and torque it, it would probably straighten out. But, I would seriously question the overall quality. It shouldn't bend like that at the mounting point. That doesn't look like a good quality brace to me
Sponsored