Sponsored

Chipped Paint

• Thread starter Deleted member 56911
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Deleted member 56911

On the hood of my velocity blue 2020 GT500 there’s a tiny area where the paint is chipped. It’s tiny but I can’t stop looking at it. 🤬 Any recommendations for getting the chipped area fixed. Should I take it somewhere to get it professionally fixed or should I attempt to do it myself? I have no skills when it comes to repairing this. The car has no paint protection on it because I’m new to the muscle car madness and not sure if the paint protection works. Any suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

BC69E0A5-9563-4711-A7ED-C0E382205BE8.jpeg
Sponsored

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Can you put a finger next to it so we can get an idea of the size?

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
This finger is my left pinky which is my smallest finger.

0A26E1E3-AF65-4937-940F-AAEAE300E37E.jpeg
For that size I would recommend ordering a "paint pen" from your dealer (or any Ford dealer) and filling it yourself. I've already filled several tiny ones like this on mine.

But - I'm definitely not an authority on such things so I'm interested to see what others say too.

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Oh - and on Paint Protection Film (PPF): I highly recommend it... at least on the front of the car (if not on the A-pillars and some on the roof). I only did the front of mine and the front of the mirrors - but I think more would have been helpful.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 56911

For that size I would recommend ordering a "paint pen" from your dealer (or any Ford dealer) and filling it yourself. I've already filled several tiny ones like this on mine.

But - I'm definitely not an authority on such things so I'm interested to see what others say too.
Thank you!!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
If a paint chip like that causes you grief, get the whole front done with XPEL PPF after you fill and level your chip. I had all forward facing areas covered. It wasn't cheap but it was so worth it. The PPF is also immune to swirl marks. It will self-heal with heat from the sun, a hair dryer, even a cup of hot water, as long as the top layer is not punctured. I took a bad rock hit on the front splitter one day and that damaged the PPF but the paint underneath is still ok. I also had some acidic bird droppings (looked like blueberries) on my hood for only 1 day before I could wash it off. It left a mark that would not come off. It would have surely damaged the paint but all I had to do was warm up the PPF and the marks disappeared. F'ing genius that invented this film. :handsinair:

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
On the hood of my velocity blue 2020 GT500 there’s a tiny area where the paint is chipped. It’s tiny but I can’t stop looking at it. 🤬 Any recommendations for getting the chipped area fixed. Should I take it somewhere to get it professionally fixed or should I attempt to do it myself? I have no skills when it comes to repairing this. The car has no paint protection on it because I’m new to the muscle car madness and not sure if the paint protection works. Any suggestions will be welcomed. Thanks in advance!

BC69E0A5-9563-4711-A7ED-C0E382205BE8.jpeg
If I had a GT500 I would take it to a good body shop.
Sponsored