Sponsored

changing my Eco-boost engine for a Gen 3 Coyote 10 speed in a 2015 chassis, it is the first one?

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition
Borla makes an X-pipe resonator that has a 2.5" inlet/outlet. Not quite 3", but better than 2 1/4". You'd need a reducer to go from the 3" mid pipe to the 2 1/2" resonator inlet.

This one is for welding:
https://www.borla.com/products/proxs_25_dual25_dual_19x4x95_muffler_part__400286.html

They also make a similar one with a notched design so it can be clamped onto a reducer.

That said, I think there are H or X pipe resonators that use 3" inlet/outlet, but I can't remember which ones. Maybe someone else will chime in with those details.
yeah i saw one Magnaflow 3" inlet/outlet but it is same universal type not sure if will fit good and have to remakes the tubes and is not stainless still either! so i just get the borla Atak 3" cat-back system that have X pipe and see if this is too loud or not, after that can i add the resonator maybe!
Sponsored

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
my idea was trying to use back my actual Mishimoto cat-back system but this is 2.5" so is not enought!! so i decided to go with the Borla Atak 3" with X pipe that found in a good price close to me and i think that will works good, any thoughts of this Borla Atak?

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
my idea was trying to use back my actual Mishimoto cat-back system but this is 2.5" so is not enought!! so i decided to go with the Borla Atak 3" with X pipe that found in a good price close to me and i think that will works good, any thoughts of this Borla Atak?
The stock 2018+ Mustang GT catback is 2.75", so I'd definitely recommend against using your existing 2.5" system. I purchased and received the Borla S-type 3" catback on Saturday, but haven't installed it on my car yet. I also bought the Borla H pipe resonator in case the X pipe setup is too loud for my tastes. I'm waiting to install it until I receive word that my OEM throttle body and intake manifold being ported by Bret Barber at Airflow solutions in AZ is close to delivery back to me (hopefully next week sometime).

My thought is you can't go wrong w/ Borla sound, but Atak would be too loud for my liking.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
The stock 2018+ Mustang GT catback is 2.75", so I'd definitely recommend against using your existing 2.5" system. I purchased and received the Borla S-type 3" catback on Saturday, but haven't installed it on my car yet. I also bought the Borla H pipe resonator in case the X pipe setup is too loud for my tastes. I'm waiting to install it until I receive word that my OEM throttle body and intake manifold being ported by Bret Barber at Airflow solutions in AZ is close to delivery back to me (hopefully next week sometime).

My thought is you can't go wrong w/ Borla sound, but Atak would be too loud for my liking.
i just will do the headers, exhaust system, CAI JLT adn e85 fuel flex programming and is already 500+ RWHP i can't ask for more with just 3 bolt ons!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
thank you everyone for your wishes and advises!! a little update: i already have all that i need to do this, the engine that i found had only 9K miles, 10 speed transmission, all the harnesses, Radiator, frame, gas pump, ECU, Hoses, so far so good, also i bought MBRP 1-7/8in long tube header with catless midpipe, and the complete catback with X pipe (i prefer the H pipe but for now this what i found) and a JLT CAI, so after all this is ready to go i will need a tune to get the ECU happy with this new parameters (i would like to do e85 also)
20200523_141458.jpg

How much $$$ do you have into that image right now? Did you hear it run before buying, or was it already palleted before you bought it?

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
How much $$$ do you have into that image right now? Did you hear it run before buying, or was it already palleted before you bought it?
this was from a total lost car bought from auction, normally people asking around 7 and 9 grand, depending of the miles of course, for a "pallet" engine can goes around 12 grand or more... i suggest you to found a totaled crash car and you will get all the harness, ECU, hoses, little things that you can get stuck, but it will be a little more expensive and after that you have to try to sell everything else left, or look for trusted places like i did! "DF performance Florida" found the car for me and i got all the parts that i needed and only paid for i really need, also they offers you the warranty that the engine is running as it should be. what can be go wrong on a 2019 3k miles Coyote engine? LOL

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
a little update:

i was waiting for some parts that i just received, so tomorrow is the day!! finally i will start this, so today i go ahead and i make some touches to make it unique:
20200607_141313.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
also the K-member was a little ugly so i put some new paint:
20200607_141407.jpg

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Getting shit done, that's what I'm talking about. Looking forward to seeing it alive and running!

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
ok guys another update!!

the car is at the shop right now, but i am only able to works 3 or 4 hours daily on it, so it is not gonna be a fast swap but little by little will be done, the motor is ready to go, i changed the intake manifold and the long headers was installed, so one thing about that, i got the 15 to 17 header that fits perfect but the sensor wire extension cord had different connector, so i had to extend the wires soldering directly and using the factory connector, the result was perfect and the results is like it came from factory like that, nothing difficult to do but take time, also the installation of the header with the engine out is a lot easier to reach all the bolts, i can't imagine how it is with the engine on the car! must be a pain in the @$$ lol.
here the photos:
20200609_171933.jpg
20200609_171937.jpg
20200609_171947.jpg
20200609_171950.jpg
20200609_171953.jpg
20200609_174215.jpg
20200609_174223.jpg
20200609_174229.jpg

R5L

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I can’t stand the negativity that some people bring to this website. If they would have just read your original post and looked at your Instagram they would have realized you can’t just return it to stock and trade in for a GT, your car has a thousand mods done to it and looks great, and a dealership would give you $0 for all the extras. It’s your car, your money, your time. All it takes is a few people brave enough to do the swap and then tons more will follow.

If you could document everything that would be very helpful for anyone else looking to do this too! Subbed.

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
I can’t stand the negativity that some people bring to this website. If they would have just read your original post and looked at your Instagram they would have realized you can’t just return it to stock and trade in for a GT, your car has a thousand mods done to it and looks great, and a dealership would give you $0 for all the extras. It’s your car, your money, your time. All it takes is a few people brave enough to do the swap and then tons more will follow.

If you could document everything that would be very helpful for anyone else looking to do this too! Subbed.
you feel me bro!!! it is 100% true... thank you for your support!!
Sponsored