Sponsored

changing my Eco-boost engine for a Gen 3 Coyote 10 speed in a 2015 chassis, it is the first one?

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition
Wow, that's going to be one loud car. LT headers w/ catless midpipes and no resonators nor mufflers on the catback? Yowzers. You may want to consider a touring exhaust system like Borla S-type w/ Borla resonator or AWE Touring exhaust. With the catless LTs, it will still be pretty loud both the Borla and AWE are straight through designs, no baffles.
to be honest i wont be loud, i probably going to use some mufflers later on, i just took this catback for the X pipe and just in case that i will need it but i will try to put my actual mishimoto 3" catback and muffles to see how it goes!!
Sponsored

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Wow, you score a good deal or something? Hey, I know what I said before, I just was trying to be honest. If you already got everything you need. I am guessing your gonna strip it down, replace body harness, engine harness, motor and transmission, fuel system. You should be good to go.

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
Wow, you score a good deal or something? Hey, I know what I said before, I just was trying to be honest. If you already got everything you need. I am guessing your gonna strip it down, replace body harness, engine harness, motor and transmission, fuel system. You should be good to go.
yes, is pretty straight... i got everything i need from another GT that was crashed, so yeah i don't see any issues yet!

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
If you can still get the dash cluster, ignition(use old key).

If I was going to take on this project I would just buy the other car and swap the parts.

I think the easiest route to go would be to strip it and change everything over. Should be pretty straightforward if you can get EVERYTHING swapped.
that is exactly what i'm doing!!!

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
i just upload the announcement video on my youtube channel... this are the links:
(English):
(Spanish):

please check this out and subscribe to the channel comment if you want and this will be appreciated!!

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
i just upload the announcement video on my youtube channel... this are the links:
(English):
(Spanish):

please check this out and subscribe to the channel comment if you want and this will be appreciated!!
Good luck man!

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Considering the 2015-17 is literally the same car with the same hard points as the 18+, as long the OP swaps the entire engine harness and body harness and takes his time with wiring diagrams and FSMs this will be a fairly straightforward swap. FYI there has already been a Gen 2 Coyote swap from an EB with great success; you would be the first documented to put a Gen 3 in a phase 1 (2015-2017) car.

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
Considering the 2015-17 is literally the same car with the same hard points as the 18+, as long the OP swaps the entire engine harness and body harness and takes his time with wiring diagrams and FSMs this will be a fairly straightforward swap. FYI there has already been a Gen 2 Coyote swap from an EB with great success; you would be the first documented to put a Gen 3 in a phase 1 (2015-2017) car.
yeah i saw one gen 2 swap before not sure if this been done because the guy never post anything after his announcement, maybe it was another one but not sure, so yeah for a gen 3 in a phase 1 so far the first one!

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
yeah i saw one gen 2 swap before not sure if this been done because the guy never post anything after his announcement, maybe it was another one but not sure, so yeah for a gen 3 in a phase 1 so far the first one!
Yes, it was completed and had videos but now they are gone off YouTube since then. By the way if you don't mind me asking what kind of deals are you getting for the Gen3/10r80 combos down there? I am sold on getting this combination in my Mercury Cougar XR7 when I dump the 2 valve. So far I've noticed the transmissions are around a grand -$1500 but the engines are around 6 grand. Hoping to find a wrecked donor car for a good deal.

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it was completed and had videos but now they are gone off YouTube since then. By the way if you don't mind me asking what kind of deals are you getting for the Gen3/10r80 combos down there? I am sold on getting this combination in my Mercury Cougar XR7 when I dump the 2 valve. So far I've noticed the transmissions are around a grand -$1500 but the engines are around 6 grand. Hoping to find a wrecked donor car for a good deal.
right now it is one Gen3 with 10 speed trans in offer-up and they are asking $6500 with 4k miles, and looks very complete, harnesses and ECU maybe around $400, radiator depends, you can go with factory or order a Mishimoto or aftermarket one, also if your looking to go to another platform you can buy a stand alone ECU and harness that you can found easy on internet, a few people offer that solution. if you want to found a Donor car it depends of your lucky in the auctions so between 10K up to 18K depending also the conditions. but you get everything!! no way to get stuck.

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
right now it is one Gen3 with 10 speed trans in offer-up and they are asking $6500 with 4k miles, and looks very complete, harnesses and ECU maybe around $400, radiator depends, you can go with factory or order a Mishimoto or aftermarket one, also if your looking to go to another platform you can buy a stand alone ECU and harness that you can found easy on internet, a few people offer that solution. if you want to found a Donor car it depends of your lucky in the auctions so between 10K up to 18K depending also the conditions. but you get everything!! no way to get stuck.
Wow only 4k miles and $6500 for both A10 and gen 3 Coyote? That's actually a pretty good deal and cheaper than I've found around NC for an engine alone. Cooling is easy to figure out once you get your motor/trans bolted up, the stock Coyote radiators are more than enough for growth in power and are abundant. For harnesses in non S550 platform(s); I will be going with Power by the Hour down in Florida using their 10r80 control body harness + a engine harness from a 18+ Mustang, they are awesome to deal with technical-wise and have all the frustrating stuff figured out for you with a plug and play solution for gen 1,2, & 3 Coyotes. Too bad you're further down South or I would definitely help out with the swap! I'll have to check out Offer-up as a venue for components as well.

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
i am waiting for a little things that is missing to start the swap, so i just want to let you guys that the project is on! just delayed but hopefully next week i can start it.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Killer deal on the primary parts (engine + tranny), I think this is pretty cool. Yeah, you get so many personal touches on a car, it's hard to recreate (and feel the same about it).

I'm digging on it, looking forward to seeing the work in progress. :sunglasses:

OP
OP
The RedMus

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
hello everyone!! i have a doubt about the exhaust system and you guys can help me with your experience? i bought the header long tube with the 3" catless midpipe section and i really want to add a resonator to get that deep tone and the only good option that i found is the Magnaflow true-X with 2-1/4" inlet and 2-1/2" output so i have to use reducers to connect this right? so this is normal? i may wasting the 3" midpipe size potential? is really necessary to found a 3" resonator? what you guys suggesting me to do?

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
hello everyone!! i have a doubt about the exhaust system and you guys can help me with your experience? i bought the header long tube with the 3" catless midpipe section and i really want to add a resonator to get that deep tone and the only good option that i found is the Magnaflow true-X with 2-1/4" inlet and 2-1/2" output so i have to use reducers to connect this right? so this is normal? i may wasting the 3" midpipe size potential? is really necessary to found a 3" resonator? what you guys suggesting me to do?
Borla makes an X-pipe resonator that has a 2.5" inlet/outlet. Not quite 3", but better than 2 1/4". You'd need a reducer to go from the 3" mid pipe to the 2 1/2" resonator inlet.

This one is for welding:
https://www.borla.com/products/proxs_25_dual25_dual_19x4x95_muffler_part__400286.html

They also make a similar one with a notched design so it can be clamped onto a reducer.

That said, I think there are H or X pipe resonators that use 3" inlet/outlet, but I can't remember which ones. Maybe someone else will chime in with those details.
Sponsored