CFTP camber plates

NEUMAN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP,2016 JK Rubicon, 2012 Ducati Panagale, 2016 E250 BTEC
I am trying to figure out what is the correct part I should receive. I was just shipped 2 orange rubber parts. This is what Ford parts department produced. Any help here would be appreciated.

B0456BA4-A112-4554-9BE6-AD9B68FF496A.jpeg

777E50D2-1FC9-4BBE-A27B-03CFB2E27BCA.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
NEUMAN

NEUMAN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Those are front shipping spacers that came on CFTP cars from the factory.
Thanks. I knew they were not what I was asking for. I will continue the search. I know it has been difficult for everyone to get them.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I knew they were not what I was asking for. I will continue the search. I know it has been difficult for everyone to get them.
The adjustable camber plates from the previous years of the GT350 will work on the GT500. There is a new version of them I believe. I do not know the part number for the new set, but I have a set that I had on my car for about 500 miles that I will be listing for sale shortly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
NEUMAN

NEUMAN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for this. I guess I am asking anyone that has a CFTP, what is the parts/part # for what should of been with the car at delivery. I want to stay on top of this as time is passing and the dealer has no idea of what it is. Hence they sent me shipping blocks in the mail last week. Hahaha

chief_charlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Lots of late-model Mustangs
Thanks for this. I guess I am asking anyone that has a CFTP, what is the parts/part # for what should of been with the car at delivery. I want to stay on top of this as time is passing and the dealer has no idea of what it is. Hence they sent me shipping blocks in the mail last week. Hahaha
If you purchased a CFTP car, the adjustable top (front) shock mounts come already installed on the car. You can peek inside the top of the towers and see the labels for the parts, right side and left. This was for all CFTP cars that were made for Job 2 (after Jan 1, 2020, I believe) If you ordered a Base GT500 and added the "Handling Package" Option, they should have come with the car, but in the trunk. The link I posted above is for the FPP parts that they list for 2018-2020 Mustangs. I believe they are the same, but someone with a CFTP car can peek at the plates in their car and confirm the numbers

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
In brief...

Job1 CFTP cars came without adjustable camber plates installed, they came in a box in the trunk. Job2 CFTP cars are coming off the line with them installed. These are the same camber plates Ford designates for the GT350R or base GT350 with the Handling Package. Again, exact same part.

Base GT500's with the Handling Package are not designated by Ford in an official capacity to have camber plates included as part of the option. If a Base GT500 with HP owner had plates given to him by the dealer it was an error, typically the plates were earmarked for a given GT350 but that owner never got them.

Part numbers for the individual plates can be seen below. If this is too complicated for your dealer they either aren't trying/don't care or are in the lower spectrum with respect to intelligence (insult intended).

20200305_194033.jpg

OP
OP
NEUMAN

NEUMAN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Amazing. Thanks for the details. Im certain it was a "job 2" and will look under the hood. Thanks for helping me out.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If your car is indeed a Job2 CFTP car it will have the adjustable camber plates installed from the assembly line and you can verify it by looking closely at each strut tower with the hood open. You will see three fasteners placed in a circular pattern around the strut tower opening(s). You will also see an unthreaded "locating pin" that protrudes upward through the strut tower near the camber plate fasteners. Job1 CFTP cars did not have the pin because they did not come with the plates already installed.

More detail here...
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...e-adjustment-workshop-manual-addendum.148237/
Sponsored