Sponsored

Ceratec comparable

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Is ceratec the best additive for the tick, or is there something else just as good that’s comparable?

Tried the search function but it’s ass on mobile. Thanks in advance!

Edit: did an oil change last week with Pennzoil platinum 5w-30 and no tick prior. Just heard it this morning.
Sponsored

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
All Ceratec does is thicken the oil. So I'd just run thicker synthetic oil. Like a 5W50.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
All Ceratec does is thicken the oil. So I'd just run thicker synthetic oil. Like a 5W50.
My bad, forgot to add that I just did one last week but it wasn’t making the tick. Just noticed it this morning.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Nope, I have a roush blower and was instructed via roush to run 5W50 after install and still had tick. Added 2 bottles of ceratec and tick gone.. i do that every oil change, i dont care abiut price lol i dont wanna hear that tick anymore. Lol . I'm sticking w it. Stang is a 2021 only has 10k miles.
Anthony

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Ceratec got rid of my noise as well. I normally don't put faith in most snake oils, but it does quite things down on our motors. 1 bottle per 5 quarts, but 1 bottle has been enough every other oil change for me to keep the noise away.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Nope, I have a roush blower and was instructed via roush to run 5W50 after install and still had tick. Added 2 bottles of ceratec and tick gone.. i do that every oil change, i dont care abiut price lol i dont wanna hear that tick anymore. Lol . I'm sticking w it. Stang is a 2021 only has 10k miles.
Anthony
Have you considered you're just hearing the DI?

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Have you considered you're just hearing the DI?
Nope, negative ... The direct injection pump isn't making my ticking noise. I'm fluent in DI pump noises and although it does make a tick clicking noise as well, having owned a few ecoboost engines the coyote tick is different and louder and more pronounced... in my case. I've owned car since new w 6 miles on odo and know and recognize all sounds. This bbq tick started at about 4,500 miles.
Sponsored