Aaron1085

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT - Whipple
Great insights.
mid worry about having scratches and chips as well and if needed to correct; would a full strip be needed to fix the spot and then could you ‘spot ceramic’ over the problem area?
Sponsored

BullittK5111

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 8
Didn't really know about either of these options before. All previous cars have owned always just got hand washed and waxed by hand at least once a year. I should be picking up my 20 GT350 HEP in the next week or so and have been reading a little about both. I have seen some cars with PPF on front bumper and hood and always hated seeing the seams, now I see a lot of people do the entire car (seems pretty expensive) although I know what it feels like to get that first scratch and the thought of doing paint work. Pros and cons of either?
FB_IMG_1594212293037.jpg
I went with correction and ceramic coating.

OP
OP
MDFilip

MDFilip

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have a buddy that has a Jag F type R and he swears by F11 Top Coat and PPF on the most venerable areas. He lives in AZ and foams the car then applies F11 and car looks great all the time except behind the wheels where it gets sand blasted form the insane about of sand that is on the roads which is why he suggested PPF on those areas. He also said F11 can be applied to any surface including glass, plastic and rubber. So many choices :frown: makes it difficult

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I have a buddy that has a Jag F type R and he swears by F11 Top Coat and PPF on the most venerable areas. He lives in AZ and foams the car then applies F11 and car looks great all the time except behind the wheels where it gets sand blasted form the insane about of sand that is on the roads which is why he suggested PPF on those areas. He also said F11 can be applied to any surface including glass, plastic and rubber. So many choices :frown: makes it difficult
F11 isnt even all that, especially for the price. Just marketing. The Last Coat v2 or Turtle Wax Seal N Shine or Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray Coating are far superior at a much cheaper price. All can be applied to every surface.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
F11 isnt even all that, especially for the price. Just marketing. The Last Coat v2 or Turtle Wax Seal N Shine or Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray Coating are far superior at a much cheaper price. All can be applied to every surface.
My TW Hybrid Ceramic Coating does still show water spots. I feel it is its only shortcoming. Just purchased a couple more bottles. It is my default winter sealant.

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
How often does someone really need to peel off PFF. I can't say I know of a single person that had not been in an accident that need to do that.
I’m someone that actually did. I did ppf on my C32AMG in 2007. Took off the ppf in 2017 (because of age) ppf came off fine. Now has XPEL and looks great. I usually do from the doors forward with XPEL and ceramic coat the whole car.
Bottom line is the ceramic is great as far as washing and keeping the car clean but it doesn’t stop rock chips. The XPEL will.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
My TW Hybrid Ceramic Coating does still show water spots. I feel it is its only shortcoming. Just purchased a couple more bottles. It is my default winter sealant.
If you notice spotting while applying it, just wipe it doen with a damp microfiber, takes them right out. I dont think it is meant to prevent future water spots from other sources though.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
If you notice spotting while applying it, just wipe it doen with a damp microfiber, takes them right out. I dont think it is meant to prevent future water spots from other sources though.
I mention the water spot because the topcoat of a ceramic application is meant o prevent them. The way I read someone's post was to apply TW HC to prevent water spots.

No, it goes on great. Far easier than Meguiar's ceramic spray. I have yet to try the Meguiar's liquid which I hear is better than the spray.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I mention the water spot because the topcoat of a ceramic application is meant o prevent them. The way I read someone's post was to apply TW HC to prevent water spots.

No, it goes on great. Far easier than Meguiar's ceramic spray. I have yet to try the Meguiar's liquid which I hear is better than the spray.
IMO, the best spray/sealant is TW ceramic spray coating and Seal N Shine. I have tried Megs Liquid and the spray, not much difference, though both very good. If you want the best self cleaning properties, you need a true ceramic coating. The sprays are just so easy to apply at 1/5 of the price of an entry level ceramic coating with loads of protection. Very good bang for your buck.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My local car wash uses low ph alkaline soap on the wheel section, I called and asked. will that eat off ceramic coating? real or spray? its never harmed any of my cars finish, nor wheels or anything over the years.

I would like to ceramic my wheels, but if it will simply eat it off first time through, not wasting my time lol

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
My local car wash uses low ph alkaline soap on the wheel section, I called and asked. will that eat off ceramic coating? real or spray? its never harmed any of my cars finish, nor wheels or anything over the years.

I would like to ceramic my wheels, but if it will simply eat it off first time through, not wasting my time lol
What I am about to say I am referencing Meguiar's response in https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/s...uchless-car-washes-and-stripping-of-wax/page3.

"By far the most common method of cleaning in these touchless washes is to presoak/pretreat/preclean (or whatever word you like here) with an acid wash that will remove the dirt. And that acid level is generally in the pH range of 3.5 to 4.5. But that acid was needs to be neutralized, not merely "rinsed" off, and the only way to do this is with an alkaline rinse that is generally in the pH range of 11 to 13. It's this high pH that strips your wax, not the acid wash."

For ceramic coated cars, never take it to a machine car wash, always hand wash with pH neutral car shampoo

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you very much. You wouldn't believe I spent over an hour googling yesterday with zero success in finding that quote.

mines a touch wash though, all microfiber. so maybe its more gentle, the chemist said all the chemicals are low PH balance, and safe. but ceramic I assume would be removed regardless.

Touchless needs higher chemicals though with lack of friction.- logically speaking

The website claims all biodegradable soaps, not sure if that has any impact on acidity.

https://flyingacecarwash.com/washes/

53121391_1158215977679600_5768716191828803584_o.jpg

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Thank you very much. You wouldn't believe I spent over an hour googling yesterday with zero success in finding that quote.

mines a touch wash though, all microfiber. so maybe its more gentle, the chemist said all the chemicals are low PH balance, and safe. but ceramic I assume would be removed regardless.

Touchless needs higher chemicals though with lack of friction.- logically speaking

The website claims all biodegradable soaps, not sure if that has any impact on acidity.

https://flyingacecarwash.com/washes/
The issue I personally see with touch washes is that is the thing cleaning your car cleaned after every car? Maybe it will not scratch the first couple cars but as dirt accumulates on it, eventually the dirt from other cars will scratch yours. Plus with this place, you would only get the single wash, as every other wash puts protection on the paint, which can damage the cerramic coating. In order to save any headaches, I would go to a manual car wash place with a pressure washer and bring your own products, buckets, and wash mits (assuming you cannot wash at home). Way less headache and you do not have to worry about what mystery products you are putting on the car.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
meh. its my daily, it cleans them well, and always looks great. never had an issue, my grabber blue doesn't show micro swirls really and its just a daily.

saves me a lot of $ and time myself. I pay 17 a month for that top wash due to military discount. ive tried hand washing, looks like crap compared to their set up. always.

screen-shot-2020-10-17-at-9-58-49-pm-png.png

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
meh. its my daily, it cleans them well, and always looks great. never had an issue, my grabber blue doesn't show micro swirls really and its just a daily.

saves me a lot of $ and time myself. I pay 17 a month for that top wash due to military discount. ive tried hand washing, looks like crap compared to their set up. always.
Thank you for your service. Car looks great. Yeah the right products and equipment determine the end result just as much as the application. At home, I have a pressure washer, foam cannon, microfiber wash mits, pH neutral shampoo, good quality microfiber drying towels and a blower to get most of the water off touchless. I could never go back to a machine wash lol, plus it is a stress reliever for me
Sponsored