Ceramic coating = wow

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
The paint correction is absolutely crucial. The ceramic coating helps it continue to look that way for years to come if proper washing techniques are followed. Thank you all for the kind words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Joey_H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang, 1982 Mustang GT
That's amazing! Makes one wanna pull out a chair and just sit and look at the car.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
Looks awesome! Some great pics of a great color S550!

Not sure I'd spring for that level of protection/coating myself, but I bet your car will look great for a long while! :cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I haven't had the chance to drive it much since the coating has gone on but I've washed it once and was quite impressed. I had a few bugs plastered to the front bumper and they washed off with a garden hose. I typically use a power washer with foam cannon but wanted to test the coating and its ability to have road grime/bugs removed. Overall I'd pay to have this done again in a second. The car looks exactly like the pictures in the first post after my typical two bucket wash and dry.

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
That looks amazing!! I'll have to wander over there some time, I'm in St. Charles all the time.

vinnie_febs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In The Works
Is this the same as the cilajet treatment? My friend is having his done this weekend. They guaranteed his for 10 years. If this is like cilajet treatment, I think the protection it protects the paint against minor scratches and those minor front bumper rock chips it's worth the $$$

Last edited:

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
$1000 IS crazy. I've been detailing since before these "forever lasting" products first started coming out. You can get these exact same results with normal claybar, machine polish, and sealant wax processes. Sure you will have to do it every two years or so, but the products won't cost you more than $100 to keep one car maintaimed for 10 years. The "7 year lasting" basically appeals to the inner-laziness or shortcut mentality of most people.

Not being a dick here your car still looks really nice, I just want people to understand this is not by any means required to get similar results.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
$1000 IS crazy. I've been detailing since before these "forever lasting" products first started coming out. You can get these exact same results with normal claybar, machine polish, and sealant wax processes. Sure you will have to do it every two years or so, but the products won't cost you more than $100 to keep one car maintaimed for 10 years. The "7 year lasting" basically appeals to the inner-laziness or shortcut mentality of most people.

Not being a dick here your car still looks really nice, I just want people to understand this is not by any means required to get similar results.[/QUOT

I hear what your saying but you have no clue. This is my 4th black car and it is way easier to keep clean than any other car I had. The only difference is I had ceramic pro put on this car. Even now with all the pollen I can go a week or more until it starts looking dirty. When I do need to wash it I can do it a lot faster since I can get away with a touch less wash. The anti static, how bugs/stuff don't stick and the it's ability to shed water is easily worth a $1000. Plus after the light cut and polish that was done before it was installed made my car look 10x better than the way I picked it up at the dealer. Best $1000 I ever spent, I would do it again in a heart beat!

Sponsored
OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT

Not being a dick here your car still looks really nice, I just want people to understand this is not by any means required to get similar results.
Oh I absolutely understand. However with a busy career and 2 kiddos under the age of 2 I would gladly pay to have my paint not require hours of work on a nominal basis. This coating most certainly appeals to my priorities with my number one priority being time with my family. Equal results can no doubt be achieved with other less expensive products and more frequent upkeep.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Is this the same as the cilajet treatment? My friend is having his done this weekend. They guaranteed his for 10 years. If this is like cilajet treatment, I think the protection it protects the paint against minor scratches and those minor front bumper rock chips it's worth the $$$
Sorry but I am not familiar with the cilajet treatment, hopefully someone who is more fluent with it can chime in. The treatment I had done provides a long lasting coat that reduces the amount of effort required to keep the car looking great while reducing the time it takes to properly clean the car. It also provides some resistance to swirls but that is only if proper washing techniques are used. The only product that will reduce the effects of rocks will be a clear film such as 3M or Expell.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i just did mine last weekend cost me 70 bucks for c quartz uk and about 4 hrs to complete the job ,, no color correction was needed
stuff is amazing.. and if you dont need correction its a easy job to diy

few shots i took on cell phone but pics dont do the shine justice
20160511_194506 (2).jpg

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
another
20160514_174916 (2).jpg