Sponsored

Ceramic coating = wow

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
This week I had my car dropped off at Rush Group detailing in St. Charles IL to have them apply Gtechniq Crystal Serum ceramic coating to my mustang. A paint correction was done as required prior to the coating going on. I bring all of my cars to Rush Group even though they are nearly 2 hours away so if any of you are local they are worth checking out.

I will let the photos speak for themselves, I've never seen a TY S550 pop so much.

This treatment came with a 7 year guarantee and the only way to remove the coating is by wet sanding which is why it's best to leave something like this to the pros.

Enough talk here are the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Last edited:

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
What exactly is guaranteed?

Sponsored

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
How much does something like that run?
Price depends on what product you use and how much paint correction is needed. Typical price ranges are 900-1500 depending on location.

What exactly is guaranteed?
The resistance to contaminates and its hydrophobic properties. Essentially they guarantee that my car will look like that with an annual clay barring process and proper washing techniques.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Looks amazing bro. :thumbsup:
I'm having my daily driver, 2016 Ram Sport 4X4, regular cab done professionally as well. Stage One clay/cleaning/polishing/buffing and then 2 coats of CQuartz Finest applied on the exterior as well as all 4 wheels.
It's pretty pricey, actually really pricey, but it's my daily driver. The CQuartz Finest is guaranteed/warrantied for 2 years.

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Wow, that looks so incredible!!

CorryBasler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
WOW, I need to get his done ASAP to mine! Would make the Magnetic Metallic look even more awesome! But $1000+ for this seems kinda crazy!

I'll probably just have mine professionally buffed and waxed soon.

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
WOW, I need to get his done ASAP to mine! Would make the Magnetic Metallic look even more awesome! But $1000+ for this seems kinda crazy!

You have to do a full car paint correction followed by the application of the ceramic coating and then the drying/curing process. Very time consuming, and in order to do it correctly, a lot of skill. 1-2k is right in line with the standard pricing.

Sponsored

2013HDRGC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT Premium PP
That looks awesome!

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Thanks for the compliments everyone. I really can't take much credit, Rush group just does fantastic work.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

99.9% of the "pop" is the compound/polish job. No defects is what reflects the light

Like wax, coatings just enhance that shine a bit.

Other bad thing is some of these coatings like apparently this one you have to sand to get off; and despite the hype, coatings are proven CAN get light swirls and scratches, but are much harder to buff out of some coatings.

A lot of the coating thing is hype though like many many other auto products.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
^^^ Exactly !!
The 'paint correction' (aka compounding/polishing) is what makes all these expensive treatments pop.