Ceramic Coating Worth it???

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Did you know that ceramic coating and PPF are covered by insurance? My wife’s car has been hit twice. None the accidents were her fault, people don’t know how to drive and they keep hitting her car. The front and rear bumpers have been replaced as well as both left doors and front fender and the quarter panel. Insurance covered the cost of the ceramic coating and PPF.
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Did you know that ceramic coating and PPF are covered by insurance? My wife’s car has been hit twice. None the accidents were her fault, people don’t know how to drive and they keep hitting her car. The front and rear bumpers have been replaced as well as both left doors and front fender and the quarter panel. Insurance covered the cost of the ceramic coating and PPF.
What insurance company do you have? Not all of them do cover it.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
What insurance company do you have? Not all of them do cover it.
I’m in Canada so don’t think it’ll be the same company as you guys have. You’d have to have it done by a shop to show a work order otherwise the insurance company wouldn’t honour it. I’d suggest checking with your insurance company to see if they’d honour it. It is considered vehicle protection.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I had a wreck and had Ppf, insurance that hit me covered PPF but had to provide the receipts

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Hmmm.... people don't know how to drive and somehow your wife keeps getting hit ???

Sponsored

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Hmmm.... people don't know how to drive and somehow your wife keeps getting hit ???
yep. First one was in a parking lot. Her car was parked and person backed up next her car and hit her car. Lady who hit my wife’s car said it was 50/50 because it was in a parking lot. That doesn’t apply when you hit a parked car. It’s like hitting a tree with your car. Can’t blame the tree for being an inanimate object.

second one was her driving on a two lane road. Her lane was empty and the person in the left lane pulled into her lane just as she was passing next to him without signaling or checking mirrors or blindspot (watched the dash cam).

oddly enough, it’s always the left side that gets hit. First accident happened not even a full 2 months of owning her brand new car. Car had just hit 2k on the odometer. That was heartbreaking.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Haven’t waxed my car since I coated it. Perhaps you misread my post. I used to use that product...

LOL there is always that chance... thought it sounded strange

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't enjoy cleaning your car like you have OCD, then go for the ceramic coating. On the other hand, if you get a certain level of enjoyment making your car stand out....learn how to take care of your exterior paint. (btw, there really is now skill set to operate a vacuum cleaner.) Youtube will show you how. Invest is some product then go to Autogeek for products and some clever "how to" videos. No time, no energy? Get the ceramic coat applied and shut the garage door.

YBLEHSGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Shelby
Vehicle Showcase
It is a super time saver! Wash, spot free rinse, dry with a small leaf blower and it’s done - yeah it was expensive but time is invaluable. To be a 10 in 5 minutes makes it worth it everyday.
I thought I would miss the hours of Saturday detailing but now a little showroom shine and a California Duster makes ready for show.

3DA7B796-B7CF-48E7-ABB6-A3375BEA5A3B.jpeg
Sponsored