Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I'm in NWF...what town is this company/person located? Thanks.
I’m going to recommend Mike at Gloss Boss 850 located in Fort walton Beach. He’s on Facebook if you want to see his work. He’s the only guy I trust to touch my car and he has a lot of very high income customers if you catch my drift concerning his level of work. PM me if you want his number.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Steve M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ford F-250
I'm in NWF...what town is this company/person located? Thanks.
He’s got a little shop in the warehouses next to the coke company plant in Valparaiso.

add: I have seen Gloss Boss 850’s work and it’s excellent!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Nobody bit, so I'll ask again: Anybody tried graphene?
Yes, the Ethos Advanced that I mentioned earlier is graphene and I have it on both of my cars

Sponsored

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I’m going to recommend Mike at Gloss Boss 850 located in Fort walton Beach. He’s on Facebook if you want to see his work. He’s the only guy I trust to touch my car and he has a lot of very high income customers if you catch my drift concerning his level of work. PM me if you want his number.
Thank you for the info and I did "catch your drift" :wink:. I don't do FB but my bride does, I'll have her find him. Thanks again!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Anybody tried graphene?
Bob: My only experience with it has been using Adam's "Advanced" Graphene Ceramic Coating:

1670328326165.png

But at the time, I thought the black color meant it was for black trim. The tiny bit of graphite in it I have since learned is to enhance the gloss, it can't be detected as a color. Anyway, I did all the black aero trim and it has held up well.

However, I do plan to try this or something similar the next time I polish and coat car which isn't too far in the future. I've read some amazing things about this compound and apparently, the only thing holding it back from being used in a ton of other products is the production cost.

My car's original coating was CarPro CQuartz in Mar of 2021 and has held up perfectly with regular top coatings of Reload and Elixir. But Graphene coatings are definitely more user-friendly than SiO2 products.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Bob: My only experience with it has been using Adam's "Advanced" Graphene Ceramic Coating:

1670328326165.png

But at the time, I thought the black color meant it was for black trim. The tiny bit of graphite in it I have since learned is to enhance the gloss, it can't be detected as a color. Anyway, I did all the black aero trim and it has held up well.

However, I do plan to try this or something similar the next time I polish and coat car which isn't too far in the future. I've read some amazing things about this compound and apparently, the only thing holding it back from being used in a ton of other products is the production cost.

My car's original coating was CarPro CQuartz in Mar of 2021 and has held up perfectly with regular top coatings of Reload and Elixir. But Graphene coatings are definitely more user-friendly than SiO2 products.
We used the Adam’s Graphene Advanced coating on my dad’s truck and my mom’s CT4-V this summer. Great product, easy to apply and it seems to be holding up really well so far.

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Now I'm wondering about possible issues with applying layers of either; i.e. I had ceramic professionally applied, after a full detailing; do I dare apply anything on top of it without removing the previous application? Can you even remove a ceramic coating, like you can a wax, and start 'fresh?' Can you apply a graphene layer over a ceramic? My gut feeling is that, without going back to paint only, building layers of coatings might not be a good idea (probably not a good idea with different types of wax, either). I've not seen any products for removing a ceramic coating but, presumably it wears off over time as the pros recommend a 'redo' after a few years.

ps. Thanks for the replies.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Now I'm wondering about possible issues with applying layers of either; i.e. I had ceramic professionally applied, after a full detailing; do I dare apply anything on top of it without removing the previous application? Can you even remove a ceramic coating, like you can a wax, and start 'fresh?' Can you apply a graphene layer over a ceramic? My gut feeling is that, without going back to paint only, building layers of coatings might not be a good idea (probably not a good idea with different types of wax, either). I've not seen any products for removing a ceramic coating but, presumably it wears off over time as the pros recommend a 'redo' after a few years.

Use a topper such as a Graphene or SiO2 spray. Most of the coating manufacturers sell a topper or “boost” that enhances gloss and slickness and helps boost the hydrophobic properties of the coating. They are made to work with each other. There are beading and sheeting sprays out, all depends on what you like. Some people prefer products that sheet water so as not to leave water spots. Others really like to see tight water beading (that’s the camp I fall into).

edit: you can layer some coatings, there are specific time frames to do so for each manufacturer. The boosters can be done as part of normal maintenance, typically every 3-6 months.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I converted to Gyeon Q2 MOHS EVO ceramic coating last October. I was using Zaino Brothers wax since 1999 on my other cars and 06GT. Usually applied it in spring and fall. When I got the 21 GTCS I decided to try ceramic coating. Its supposed to last up to 36 months but I'd be happy with 2 years without major detailing. So far its held up great. This is a DIY product but they also offer professional grade products as well. Prep took me 2 full days (wash, clay bar, polish, de grease) and ceramic application was around an hour! That was the easy and fun part. Now washing the stang is a breeze. Even when its cold and I can't wash outside, just sitting in the driveway with a good rain keeps it clean. It provides easy maintenance and the shine/depth is outstanding even a year later. In between washes I use the Q2M Ceramic Detailer spray. So far so good.

IMG_5060.jpg

IMG_5061.jpg

IMG_5062.jpg

IMG_5412.jpg

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

I asked this specific question to my detailer (who uses CQuartz exclusively) and his guidance from multiple professional courses offered by Car Pro is do not use anything on a ceramic coat that isn’t specifically designed to augment or enhance ceramic coating. The surface of paint is very porous and ceramic helps to fill those microscopic voids. However, even ceramic coating has microscopic voids (otherwise nothing would stick to it from surface tension) and layering other products on top of it can reduce its effectiveness.
As for the removal of coatings, they require a buffer and cutting compound as they dry very hard and can’t be buffed off by hand without a buttload of elbow grease.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I asked this specific question to my detailer (who uses CQuartz exclusively) and his guidance from multiple professional courses offered by Car Pro is do not use anything on a ceramic coat that isn’t specifically designed to augment or enhance ceramic coating. The surface of paint is very porous and ceramic helps to fill those microscopic voids. However, even ceramic coating has microscopic voids (otherwise nothing would stick to it from surface tension) and layering other products on top of it can reduce its effectiveness.
As for the removal of coatings, they require a buffer and cutting compound as they dry very hard and can’t be buffed off by hand without a buttload of elbow grease.
And there are some professional coatings that require wet sanding to remove, compounds aren’t even strong enough. The technology is pretty spectacular.

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
There will always be a place in my heart for Ruby Red. It is such a stunning colour especially in bright sunlight. 🌞 job well done. Looks great.
Sponsored