Centrifugal supercharger

juli72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julio
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Im thinking of forced induction for my 2018 stock MT82 28k miles and I’d like to ask which supercharger company is a better centrifugal supercharger manufacturer, vortech or procharger? And why? Also what upgrades will I need to do once I buy one of the kits (fuel system, or anything that might break due to power) and will my stock transmission hold or should I look into a Ben Calimer Stage 2 MT82
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Im a fan of procharger's stuff, has been really good to me in all aspects over the last almost 5 years. Being a Gen3 I would consider an Odin or whipple if you just want more power for street driving.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Im thinking of forced induction for my 2018 stock MT82 28k miles and I’d like to ask which supercharger company is a better centrifugal supercharger manufacturer, vortech or procharger? And why? Also what upgrades will I need to do once I buy one of the kits (fuel system, or anything that might break due to power) and will my stock transmission hold or should I look into a Ben Calimer Stage 2 MT82
Multiple threads on here, both are solid and it looks like the ESS as well. All will make similar power. Prochargers big advantage (or disadvantage) if the separate belt. When I was looking at them I was concerned this load further out on the crank might be more likely to result in the crank breaking. There is no doubt more load, it is basic physics. However, it probably isn't enough to make a difference. The reality is NA, TT, PD, and all brands of centri break cranks, I couldn't find a trend (except making more power). Procharger also has also has a warranty option for power train (no idea on the details, I didn't buy my car for the warranty). The bigger vortechs are oil fed, which can make install more difficult. I am happy with the vortech, it was cheaper in the beginning but in the end not by much. Next time, I will look at both again. Vortech and prochager brackets both fit many of their head units so plenty of room for growth. My advice is to do your honest assessment of where you want to end up in power someday. Size the blower for that ultimate goal, determine if it will suit your needs at your initial goal, and if so get that one. Or one that can be upgraded for less than a new head unit.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Whipple, Procharger, VMP, Vortech are all great choices. It all comes down to your preference. I've always been a roots style supercharger fan and have always ran a Whipple on my cars but then I know people who swear by a centrifugal. As for the fuel systems we offer DivisionX and those kits are of the highest quality and easiest to install on the market with their pre-cut PTFE lines and are true plug and play. Give us a call here at www.lethalperformance.com. 1.877.253.8425

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Do you ever get that feeling like you're repeating the same moment over again? What's that called... deja vu? :crazy:

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Everyone is going to recommend what they have. Very few if any Mustang owners have run multiple FI set ups on a 2018 and up.

Procharger HO with P1X is what I run and I couldn't be more pleased. But they all work well.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
You can’t go wrong with either. As someone said most people recommend what they have or what brand they’re loyal to the most , if that’s something that they sell or the only thing that they sell

We’re master dealers with all of them and we have some special custom set ups feel free to message me with any questions

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Very happy with my Procharger P1X, but yes that is what I have. I looked at all options before deciding. It works very well on the A10. If I had an MT82 I'd have went with a Whipple.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I would like to go with a centrifugal SC , but would want the one that has the most whine of all the brands listed. I am more interested in modest horsepower gains for street use , but has great supercharger whine.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I would like to go with a centrifugal SC , but would want the one that has the most whine of all the brands listed. I am more interested in modest horsepower gains for street use , but has great supercharger whine.
In that case a H.O kit from procharger with straight cut gears. But centrifugals don’t exactly whine

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
that would be a Procharger with the standard gear or a vortech/Paxton with the helical gear.

And it doesn’t matter how many times you say that you want a centri supercharger.

People with other types of blowers are still going to tell you to buy something else because that’s what they have

Centrifugal superchargers work great they’re very efficient they have great power control if that’s what you want then that’s what you should buy
Sponsored