Centrifugal supercharger options

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I looked on vortech, Paxton and prochargers website and it seems that procharger is the only option, but I see other kits being offered. Are these one off kits?

I like the vortech kit I saw on this site, but don't want to change my intake out like I saw on the vortech kit. That's one of the reasons I want to go centri so I don't have to pull the intake and I can reverse the install easlily. One thing I read is that the pro charger kit uses a small head unit and doesn't have much room to grow.

Just trying to weigh all the options and see what the best route is.

Thanks
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
When I talked to my friend that deals them all, procharger kit you can choose your head unit. At least he told me I had that option. Not sure vortechs kit is out yet. As far as your concerns with the intake, don't worry about that. The intake is easy peasy to remove and reinstall. Absolutely a breeze. And with the new tvs and whipper, I understand you no longer have to grind the timing cover. Which means if you want a positive displacement, it's no longer any harder than a centri

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
There's no need to pull your intake on the Centri.

Let us know if you have any questions or need any assistance!
images.jpg

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
procharger will have the stage 2 kits coming in a few weeks. You can choose head units on that kit. I ordered the procharger ho kit because It will be a easy install and tuning included. Im just shooting for 550rwhp and some good suspension on this car so the ho kit should fine.

OP
OP

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
Will 550 rwhp be good for 10's on a full weight gt pp? I Don't think I'm going to be able to hold off on modding this car while waiting for the gt350. I absolutely love the car and want to go faster. Lol

Jay can you on me prices on the pro charger kit please.

I've never had a roots style (or twin screw what ever the correct name is) blower on a car. My only experience with them is on my power boats, but they are 8-71's on carbed 509 bbc motors. Which is better on a street car? My fear with them would be heat soak.

Thanks for the replies.

CP

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Vortech and paxton s will be available soon. We are the largest vortech/paxton auto dealer in the world. As with the 11 to 14s we will have great custom packages available along with their standard kits. We also have procharger kits and custom packages for those as well

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Will 550 rwhp be good for 10's on a full weight gt pp? I Don't think I'm going to be able to hold off on modding this car while waiting for the gt350. I absolutely love the car and want to go faster. Lol

I've never had a roots style (or twin screw what ever the correct name is) blower on a car. My only experience with them is on my power boats, but they are 8-71's on carbed 509 bbc motors. Which is better on a street car? My fear with them would be heat soak.

Thanks for the replies.

CP

You bet brother, I'll shoot you some options over:)

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Thanks for the replies.

CP
On average, our packages we tune to between 580 to 620 rwhp depending on mods and elevation. Probably will be even more stout as this engine can take a bit more

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
On average, our packages we tune to between 580 to 620 rwhp depending on mods and elevation. Probably will be even more stout as this engine can take a bit more
How well does the mt82 stand up to that as a dd?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I looked on vortech, Paxton and prochargers website and it seems that procharger is the only option, but I see other kits being offered. Are these one off kits?

I like the vortech kit I saw on this site, but don't want to change my intake out like I saw on the vortech kit. That's one of the reasons I want to go centri so I don't have to pull the intake and I can reverse the install easlily. One thing I read is that the pro charger kit uses a small head unit and doesn't have much room to grow.

Just trying to weigh all the options and see what the best route is.

Thanks
The stock intake works great with the vortech and paxton packages

The evo package is adding a roots type air / water intercooler. Vortech and paxtons regular kit will come with their normal 900 hp air to air intercooler. We have been 8.7s with that intercooler on our 2011 car at 3900 lbs

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Does well, driving habits dictate allot. The Centri is nice because it doesn't hit the tire as hard.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP

It truly all varies, no one car is the same. We've seen cars last 20k miles and some last less than a week. Its all in your driving style and how hard you drive the car.

OP
OP

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I really appreciate all the info. I'm trying to weigh the options of putting a charger on this car as it is my good weather dd.

I look forward to seeing what the kits coming have to offer.

FireBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
It truly all varies, no one car is the same. We've seen cars last 20k miles and some last less than a week. Its all in your driving style and how hard you drive the car.

What? Sorry, can you please elaborate? If I put a supercharger in my GT, any supercharger, it bonds to die in 20k miles max?

Ps. What about automatic transmission? Will superchargers be available for these too? Will the auto last even less?

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
autos are strong
Sponsored