Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
Hi M6G, I’m on a road-trip and need to drive 400 miles back home but the other day my car threw two codes and another one last night. The cause was, I assume, a little bit of fun on Sunday going from 0-70 in a few seconds. I’m trying to figure out my best path to a resolution here. I can do some basic driveway mechanic stuff here but nothing complicated.

IMG_4221.jpeg

Here’s what I’ve got in chronological order:

-Adaptive learning limits have been reached. Engine start/stop may be disabled if equipped.
- Unable to detect actual position of exhaust flow control valve (this is the AE motor it seems).
- Electrical short with engine oil pressure control solenoid and its associated wiring.

I checked the connections on the AE motors and they were fine. That’s as far as I’ve been able to make it. Plugging these alerts into Google has been pretty worthless too. Hoping y’all can help figure out what this car needs to get back to my tuner 7hrs away safely.

Mods:
JLT CAI, Stainless Works LT Catted, AWE Touring Exhaust, Eibach Springs (not that this should matter) and a tune. All work was completed last fall and has been fine. This isn’t my first time having some fun with the go-fast pedal either.

Cheers

Edit: Went to the local auto shop and tried to get the CEL code. The person helping me wasn’t super helpful, knowledgeable, or receptive to the idea of getting help. We found the codes:

P01720 and P01750 indicating “bank 1” and “bank 2” are running rich.
Sponsored

Last edited:

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I would clear them and see if they come back, but that's just me...

OP
OP
Ruin

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
I would clear them and see if they come back, but that's just me...
How? This CEL doesn’t seem to have a clear option and I’m lost. 😞

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Oh, I thought you had a code reader of some sort. Mine allows clearing of the codes...

OP
OP
Ruin

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
Oh, I thought you had a code reader of some sort. Mine allows clearing of the codes...
Not on me. I do back home. Which is part of my predicament. I was hoping there was an alternative method, bummer. Was only able to get the local auto store to read the codes and I’m not entirely convinced we got them all.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Not on me. I do back home. Which is part of my predicament. I was hoping there was an alternative method, bummer. Was only able to get the local auto store to read the codes and I’m not entirely convinced we got them all.
Your description of mods said you have a tune. Wouldn't happen to have the nGauge? That can read and clear the codes. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Ruin

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your description of mods said you have a tune. Wouldn't happen to have the nGauge? That can read and clear the codes. Just a thought.
HP Tuner for me. Haven’t used it yet, it was given to me by the shop who did the work. But that’s the device that’s back at the house unfortunately.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Lesson learned? Don't leave home w/o your reader.
Maybe somebody here can help with clearing codes if you reveal your location?

OP
OP
Ruin

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
Lesson learned? Don't leave home w/o your reader.
Maybe somebody here can help with clearing codes if you reveal your location?
Thanks Dad. That doesn’t really help me understand what these codes mean or sort through some things that I *can* do here… which is what I was asking for, not life advice. If you won’t read the post to understand the information I’m asking for, please don’t waste my time, I’d really appreciate that. I’m trying to solve my problem, not get lectured.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Okay sunny boy...lol
Don't tell us where you are so maybe someone can help.
Good luck with that...

OP
OP
Ruin

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
Okay sunny boy...lol
Don't tell us where you are so maybe someone can help.
Good luck with that...
Sorry man, I’m stressed as hell over this right now. I’m relatively handy in a pinch, but not without the proper info like understanding the problem I’m trying to solve.

Let’s give it a shot. I’m south of [location] right now through tomorrow. If there’s a friendly M6Ger who can look over my moment of stress and use their diagnostic tool on it, I’d appreciate it. It’s the warning about oil that worries me before a 350mi drive back home.
Sponsored

Last edited: