Sponsored

Cavalli Turbo......

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
What is your opinion on the data sampling rate of the ECU for datalogging and live monitoring, Alex? I know Livernois seems to think it's pretty inadequate, but I've never seen anyone else mention it or discuss it.
Great question. I'd like to know as well.
Sponsored

Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Powered Ford
What is your opinion on the data sampling rate of the ECU for datalogging and live monitoring, Alex? I know Livernois seems to think it's pretty inadequate, but I've never seen anyone else mention it or discuss it.
I can only speak for the COBB Accessport. On the COBB AP, with a large number of parameters (32 parameters being logged) we are looking at around 7 data samples per second. This is more than adequate especially for steady state conditions such as WOT pulls.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Keep in mind that COBB uses a much faster method for requesting and retrieving data from the CANBus than the more generic tools out there such as Torque.
I can only speak for the COBB Accessport. On the COBB AP, with a large number of parameters (32 parameters being logged) we are looking at around 7 data samples per second. This is more than adequate especially for steady state conditions such as WOT pulls.
Awesome! Thanks for the info.

Sponsored

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally I agree that it's not 100% accurate but I think it can help give a general idea and educated guess as to what's going on, the ecu sample rate is decent but there seems to be a disconnect between the obd2 data stream and what the ecu is doing/seeing

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind that COBB uses a much faster method for requesting and retrieving data from the CANBus than the more generic tools out there such as Torque.
Tq is just using the generic obd2 data stream

Do you feel that you data is as good as a standalone data logging solution? If I data long rpm and air/fuel using standalone how do you think it would match up to what you get with an ap?

Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Powered Ford
Tq is just using the generic obd2 data stream

Do you feel that you data is as good as a standalone data logging solution? If I data long rpm and air/fuel using standalone how do you think it would match up to what you get with an ap?
This depends on which standalone you are talking about. There are some fast ones out there for sure but I don't see them having a performance advantage here.

By dropping some parameters (my example was with logging 32 channels) you will increase speed further.

The OEM ECU is very complex and powerful. I wouldn't even consider a standalone in a modern car like this. Even if buying a crate motor, Ford Racing offers the power pack which is just the engine harness and ECU to power it in a hot rod. The OEM ECU is still the way to go.

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This depends on which standalone you are talking about. There are some fast ones out there for sure but I don't see them having a performance advantage here.

By dropping some parameters (my example was with logging 32 channels) you will increase speed further.

The OEM ECU is very complex and powerful. I wouldn't even consider a standalone in a modern car like this. Even if buying a crate motor, Ford Racing offers the power pack which is just the engine harness and ECU to power it in a hot rod. The OEM ECU is still the way to go.
Was referring to stand alone data logging not ecu

Alex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Powered Ford
Was referring to stand alone data logging not ecu
There are two ways to acquire data on this car:

1. Use the CANBus and gather data about both sensors, actuators, and control variables. This is great for tuning an already developed motor in-vehicle.

2. Tap into the sensors and actuators directly/add new sensors. Then use a DAC to acquire the data at a very high speed. This is great for the initial development of the motor - used in places like an engine dyno cell. You can also use this method for specific testing such as testing the inlet and outlet temperature of the intercooler. This is mostly for development and not tuning.

Once the engine and the base calibration is built, there is no reason to go back to method 2 for tuning the engine. The CANBus is fast enough - fast enough as far as data acquisition is concerned to tune this engine to well over 700hp.

Sponsored
OP
OP

STREETMASTERS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2.3
Nada....last I heard cars were spoolin great....but detonating early or something....fuel issues....
I see Cavalli drop-ins selling great on rallysportdirect.com.. hope to hear soon!

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Nada....last I heard cars were spoolin great....but detonating early or something....fuel issues....
I see Cavalli drop-ins selling great on rallysportdirect.com.. hope to hear soon!
Yeah hoping to hear something soon :thumbsup:I find it interesting ma performance doesn't seem to have fueling issues with their upgrade. :shrug:

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Yeah hoping to hear something soon [emoji106]I find it interesting ma performance doesn't seem to have fueling issues with their upgrade. :shrug:
Maybe they're throwing in some race fuel? Lol

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Yeah hoping to hear something soon :thumbsup:I find it interesting ma performance doesn't seem to have fueling issues with their upgrade. :shrug:
I seem to remember both MAP and FFtec mentioning that there is some additional fuel locked up in the tune. Maybe the guys messing with this Cavalli turbo just need a little more learning time? MAP and FFtec both use the AP as well so that may or may not have something to do with it.
Sponsored