Sponsored

Catted Long Tubes not loud enough

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metal GT
I recently purchased Stainless Power catted long tubes for my 2018 GT. My exhaust setup before the long tubes was Corsa Double x pipe and roush axle backs. Sounded great but i wanted more volume. Long story short i got the catted long tubes and had them installed and the volume was dumb loud and it was only when i smelled fuel did i realize that the car didn't have the high flow cats on it. The site i got the LT's from sent me an O/R set by mistake. I contacted the company and they sent me the high flows. I had them put on and i feel like it neutered the car way too much. I loved the sound of the catless on regular driving but the cold starts are just flat out stupid and the smell was just asking for a ticket (i live in Jersey). My question is this, am i better off swapping out the high flow cats for some resonators or will that muffle the volume even more than the high flow cats ? The catless was raspy and loud as hell but i did like it almost all of the time, just not the brutal cold starts (i have elderly neighbors )
Sponsored

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Off topic and not helpful in anyway but...Did you have a shop in NJ install the headers? I just got a pair and I'm looking for a shop with experience to do the install.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Hearing aid to confirm you're going deaf.

Unfortunately some people loud means it sounds good. I have heard quite a few catless, lth S550s and they sound like shit without the right catback and no resonators. A friend of mine's son bought a 2015 used S550 GT, he cut the cats off the OEM headers, ran straight pipes with a muffler delete. Within a few days he got nailed with an excessive noise ticket along with having to visit a state run emissions referee. He is out of several thousand dollars to return the car back to legal form.

Sponsored

OP
OP

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metal GT
Car Effex in Mantua Township in NJ will install your headers for you. I have to admit the in cabin noise is much better with the high flow cats compared to catless and the cold starts are much less violent to me. Maybe my hearing is not so great but to me alot of the volume when driving has been cut as well as the crackles and pops on deceleration with the cats.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Swap the Roush for a Corsa Extreme and then you'll be able to annoy everyone in a 2-mile radius.

Last edited:
OP
OP

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metal GT
Funny you should mention the Extremes. The Corsa Double X I have now came with the Corsa Extreme catback I had when I bought the car, I swapped in Roush axle backs because I wanted more low RPM volume. I was thinking about switching back to the Extremes

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Wow, that place looks like they work on some high end vehicles. I'll be sure to give them a ring after my car goes through inspection. Thanks!

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Funny you should mention the Extremes. The Corsa Double X I have now came with the Corsa Extreme catback I had when I bought the car, I swapped in Roush axle backs because I wanted more low RPM volume. I was thinking about switching back to the Extremes
I found the Extremes got too trumpety with long tubes and lacked low rpm character. Cut off the Extreme mufflers but kept the double x, added AWE Touring mufflers to it, now my favorite sounding exhaust combo on this car so far. Screams up top but still has body down low and no trumpety tone.

OP
OP

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metal GT
so swapping out the Roush Axle backs and putting in the Extremes wouldn't gain me anymore volume ? for what I've been reading on multiple forums on multiple sites it seems that my roush/x pipe /LTH setup is about as loud as it gets on these cars

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
so swapping out the Roush Axle backs and putting in the Extremes wouldn't gain me anymore volume ? for what I've been reading on multiple forums on multiple sites it seems that my roush/x pipe /LTH setup is about as loud as it gets on these cars
Up top Xtremes are louder. Down low Roush has more volume. If you did the full Xtreme catback with the double x it would be louder but still that trumpety tone.

OP
OP

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metal GT
much appreciated dude I do like the roush but I feel like the whole 3in setup from headers back would just be a little better plus the Corsa tips are fantastic compared to the shit ones on the Roush

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
much appreciated dude I do like the roush but I feel like the whole 3in setup from headers back would just be a little better plus the Corsa tips are fantastic compared to the shit ones on the Roush
Ya their black tips looks great. The only tips I have found that I liked more were the black diamond from AWE.

And the full 3" will also increase your volume.
Sponsored