scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Well I took the plunge and ordered a lethal race pipe (cat delete) and PBD tune...waiting on lethal to get their next shipment in 2-3 weeks.

How does everyone like the sound? Does it get MORE raspy? I want more volume...but don't want to mess up the tone. I am waiting on Stainless Works and Borla to come out with their cat backs but I am worried about being tooooo raspy. Let me know what yall think about going catless. I LOVE volume...but hate crappy sound.

Scott
Sponsored

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
Well I took the plunge and ordered a lethal race pipe (cat delete) and PBD tune...waiting on lethal to get their next shipment in 2-3 weeks.

How does everyone like the sound? Does it get MORE raspy? I want more volume...but don't want to mess up the tone. I am waiting on Stainless Works and Borla to come out with their cat backs but I am worried about being tooooo raspy. Let me know what yall think about going catless. I LOVE volume...but hate crappy sound.

Scott
I installed the Race pipe, resonator delete pipe, and added Magnaflow 12198 mufflers!!! They are a little louder at idle and like track mode at RPM's!!! At highway speed (1000-2000 RPMs) they are a little louder, with no or very little RASPE!!!

OP
OP
scottgt500

scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the Race pipe, resonator delete pipe, and added Magnaflow 12198 mufflers!!! They are a little louder at idle and like track mode at RPM's!!! At highway speed (1000-2000 RPMs) they are a little louder, with no or very little RASPE!!!
So you just cut the oem mufflers out and replaced them? You didnt just do a magnaflow cat back? I guess you lost the active exhaust part?

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
So you just cut the oem mufflers out and replaced them? You didnt just do a magnaflow cat back? I guess you lost the active exhaust part?
YES, I got rid of the active exhaust and added the Magnaflow mufflers!!!

OP
OP
scottgt500

scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I always thought of magnaflow as one of the best..if not the best sounding exhausts out there....BUT terrible drone. I wouldn't mind trying the competition cat back but I am afraid of the drone. My GT500 is my daily driver I don't want ridiculous drone.

Sponsored

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
I always thought of magnaflow as one of the best..if not the best sounding exhausts out there....BUT terrible drone. I wouldn't mind trying the competition cat back but I am afraid of the drone. My GT500 is my daily driver I don't want ridiculous drone.
You might try keeping the RESONATORS to help with drone!!!

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP

Scott
I have the lethal cat delete installed and the 3 inch x pipe it was an excellent choice here is the details of each exhaust mode with an honest take

quite mode is still quite mode like stock while driving you can barely hear the exhaust and can have a perfect phone conversation or listen to radio

normal mode you can hear in car but its not loud or drone annoying very comfortable and when u step on it gives a nice tone inside the car

sport mode more volume inside the car when driving downshift pops sound really amazing when u step on it its loud inside and outside under full wot it sounds deep and amazing very loud

track mode is deep and extremely loud under wot full race car sound driving you hear the exhaust i car not bad but deep and loud when u step on it gives you a smile its one the most volume sounded exhaust i have ever heard the vid ken did at palm beach dyno really cant tell the difference but its amazing

i tuned my car at palm beach dyno ken is extremely knowledgeable on the 500 since he has his own to work with which was one of the main reasons of going to pbd the other was all the other 500s he has already done mAde me feel comfortable and not someone trying to figure things out for the first time on a new 500 i was extremely impressed and have no issues with tune the nice thing is you can easily take it back to stock super simple or put back in your tune it was worth it ford really went conservative on the 500 with 760 hp the 830 rear hp ken made for my 500 is totally useable and to be honest see no difference in gas mpg or anything not that matters but just saying. A shelby gt500 was built awesome your just unleashing some of the big restrictions it has don’t really consider it modifying Just a couple of simple bolt ons to make something that was good really good and that much better

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
What’s happening with the MIL when deleting the cats? I assume the custom tune is eliminating the check engine light? I have been debating doing the cat delete, but keeping everything after it stock.

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
What’s happening with the MIL when deleting the cats? I assume the custom tune is eliciting the check engine light? I have been debating doing the cat delete, but keeping everything after it stock.
When I got my tune at palm beach dyno the firet thing they do is clear the check engine light for the cat delete i have no warning lights at all

Sponsored

hoot12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wes
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500 Black
All I can say is once you have had a good stainless works kit or borla kit, with long tubes of course, then its hard to mimic that sound with just eliminating the cats and resonators on the 500.
There is a video out on the tube with the test kit from stainless works....only thing I'm not sure of is if its a different muffler...I sort of think it is. It sounds real good.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
What’s happening with the MIL when deleting the cats? I assume the custom tune is eliminating the check engine light? I have been debating doing the cat delete, but keeping everything after it stock.
I believe that MA, as was done here in NY, has adopted much of California's emission "program." If there are readiness monitor issues, forget passing inspection. Then again, emergency vehicles are usually exempt. Got an extra siren laying around the firehouse?:)

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
All I can say is once you have had a good stainless works kit or borla kit, with long tubes of course, then its hard to mimic that sound with just eliminating the cats and resonators on the 500.
There is a video out on the tube with the test kit from stainless works....only thing I'm not sure of is if its a different muffler...I sort of think it is. It sounds real good.
Yeah I all about good sound I would have done headers for mine however the gt500 already has headers from factory
my question would be what do u gain from long tube headers
I have already had to replace the two exhaust valves motors and wiring harness which was faulty when i first had the car however i have to say its nice to have the four exhaust modes

Now i would be interested in changing the whole exhaust if there was a titanium option to save weight and some power gains but for 400 dollars and just the cat delete i picked up around 40 hp maybe more i haven't seen many manufacturers say for a full exhaust gaining 40 plus hp at least not for under 2500

I always straight up I would honestly have to say the you tube vids really dont do it justice once you add the cat delete it is extremely loud in track mode so loud in matter fact i have been to the track alot and havent heard to many cars as loud as the 500 with the cat delete and 3 inich x pipe either option is cool its all in choice but for me since there was no titanium option out for under 1000 you have a complete exhaust

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that MA, as was done here in NY, has adopted much of California's emission "program." If there are readiness monitor issues, forget passing inspection. Then again, emergency vehicles are usually exempt. Got an extra siren laying around the firehouse?:)
They do, and we do, I may just have to haha.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Just curious i just put headers and no cats on LS3 in 2015 Chevy SS, with tune, runs amazing. HOWEVER the soot left on the back of the car is well ....also amazing.....in a bad way. This is my first new car with headers and cat delete so is this par for the course and normal after removing cats?
Sponsored