Cars Gas Tanks are being Drilled out for Gasoline😡

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Hey everyone I would be very aware of where you are parking your Mustang these days. Gas prices are getting worst and stories in other forums of people getting their nice rides ruined. People are drilling out the gas tank and stealing your gas. Sad beyond sad the change we are seeing in this country.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yeah, makes me glad I have an old beater with a steel tank for daily whipping at this point. People are losing their damn minds.

With that said, seems like most of these reports are from California, and even then I don't think it's that common.

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, makes me glad I have an old beater with a steel tank for daily whipping at this point. People are losing their damn minds.

With that said, seems like most of these reports are from California, and even then I don't think it's that common.
Yea it’s actually Washingron state and the reason I posted Is to just to be thinking about it. Doubtful most here will have issues but better to be aware than not.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I think this would be a bigger problem for pick ups. They are high enough off the ground it would be easy to drill a tank and capture the gas. My mustang is so low it would take some time to steal gas from it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
IceAge

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
I think this would be a bigger problem for pick ups. They are high enough off the ground it would be easy to drill a tank and capture the gas. My mustang is so low it would take some time to steal gas from it.
Correct and just an awareness to start sharing with fiends and family. As the prices get worst the thievery will rise as well.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
And this crappy state has no castle doctrine. Kinda makes you want to be a criminal just to get your rights back. Really miss being in Texas! Where the citizen had a few rights. Here in NM only criminals have rights.

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Don't they have stickers on gas tanks warning against the use of electric drills?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Don't they have stickers on gas tanks warning against the use of electric drills?
Not like some crackhead could read anyway. And unfortunately, the chance of explosion is relatively low on a plastic tank. The fuel needs a chance to evaporate to become flammable.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
that kind of shit gets you perforated in Texas.
I guess my house is part of the Great State of Texas; even though it's in Canada.

As a licensed firearm owner "I felt that my life, and that of my son, was under immediate danger to life and health (IDLH) when I caught the thief in my garage stealing gas from my car. Then the alleged thief became hostile at being observed breaking the law. We tried to remove ourselves from the area however the alleged thief advanced on me and thus I was forced to defend myself, my family and my property".

Self Defense.

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Over here only the huge diesel tanks of construction machines are emptied.
But this has always been an issue, sometimes more sometimes less.

The theft of catalytic converters from older* vehicles is compared more of an issue for private owners since the prices of precious metals have become so high, they just cut 'em out.
*In the past, much more precious metal was used in the cats.

Your thieves don't seem to be so smart or actually steal for their own use. 🤔
Sponsored

Last edited: