Carpro product expiry

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I ordered a bottle of Carpro InnerQD from a vendor in my country. The date of production on the bottle shows this:
20230526_162634.jpg

Looking online Carpro says their products expire 2 years after production date. Is it common for these products to sit around for years before being sold? What is the useful life of this product? I contacted the vendor but they haven't replied.
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I ordered a bottle of Carpro InnerQD from a vendor in my country. The date of production on the bottle shows this:
20230526_162634.jpg

Looking online Carpro says their products expire 2 years after production date. Is it common for these products to sit around for years before being sold? What is the useful life of this product? I contacted the vendor but they haven't replied.
If it were one of their ceramic coatings (Cquartz UK, DLUX, Gliss ect) or spray sealants (Reload, EliXir ect), then I would probably be worried.

But on something like InnerQD, I think you will be fine. Being alcohol based, as long as the bottle has been properly sealed, the product will be safe to use.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks @DFB5.0 for confirming the product is still good. This was my first purchase of a Carpro product and I didn't know what to make of that date code.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks @DFB5.0 for confirming the product is still good. This was my first purchase of a Carpro product and I didn't know what to make of that date code.
My pleasure! :like:

May I suggest a couple of extra products from the Carpro line to have a play with -

Perl - easily one of the best tire dressings on the market (I have something coming explaining why).

Reset - easily one of the best soaps on the market, arguably THE best.

Descale - an acidic decontamination soap, great for reducing or removing the effects of water spotting.

Hydr02 Lite - so easy to use, especially useful at coating wheels quickly without having to remove them. (The Lite version is pre-diluted and simpler to use)

TarX - every car guy needs a tar remover, this one is powerful but safe to use. Doubles as an adhesive remover.

Eraser - I love this product for the scent alone. Its primarily used to prep the car before applying a wax/sealant/coating, but it's also an excellent glass cleaner.

Reflect - this is one of the easiest light polishes on the market. It will NOT produce dust, the Achillies heal of polishing products. The gloss achieved is simply stunning.

Essence - this is an all-in-one polish/sealant used as a primer for ceramic coatings. But it can be used as a standalone or teamed with other Si02 spray sealants. Again, NO dust and a very easy wipe off.

ECH20 - this is an acquired taste, a water-less wash/quick detailer concentrate that is really nice to have on hand for cleaning/protecting door jambs, engine bays, interior gloss trims ect. Smells great and makes an excellent drying aid due its extreme gloss and slickness.

ReTyre - this is a powerful, foaming tire cleaner. You do use a lot of product owing to the foaming sprayer, but it's good to have when you need something packing a punch.

HAPPY SHOPPING...........................:like:

Skys The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
That's some great info there! I bookmarked this for future reference.

Looking forward to hear more about Pearl. I currently use ChemicalGuys VRP on my tires. It lasts a long time, but turns into a black greasy coating after a while, which I don't like.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That's some great info there! I bookmarked this for future reference.

Looking forward to hear more about Pearl. I currently use ChemicalGuys VRP on my tires. It lasts a long time, but turns into a black greasy coating after a while, which I don't like.
I used to use VRP and recently switched to Perl. I don’t dilute it and it gives a nice shine but at least to me it’s not overly glossy. You can wipe it after application to knock some of the shine down as well but I didn’t. And I’m not a fan of overly glossy tires either

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I've been using Perl on tires for some time but recently, based on a recommendation, gave Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant a go. I have only used it once so far but do like the result..and maybe a bit more than Perl. Even if you wipe Perl good and "dry," it still has a greasy surface while Wolfgang's is nice and dry and shouldn't attract as much grime.

Time will tell.

This is what Wolfgang's looks like after buffing.

1685281488166.png
Sponsored