carbon steering wheel/alcantara

mattshotgunk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Absolutely. I will be messaging a few members who have inquired about ordering a carbon wheel once I am ready to take orders next week.

The vast majority of people who have been purchasing my custom carbon wheels and custom GT350 all-leather wheels have opted to purchase outright, so I've had to replenish my stocks of core wheels.

I recently fulfilled a large order of custom GT350 all-leather wheels that were ordered during January, and that has taken my focus whilst those orders have been completed on time.

My next batch of carbon wheels going into production will be shipping out to customers mid-march.

I could technically take orders from about 15 buyers who are ready to purchase the carbon wheels, but keeping to deadlines is important to me and I don't want to overload myself with orders.

Anyone that has PM'd me recently regarding the carbon wheels will be getting an update from me next week to place orders if they are ready.

Thanks, Tim :)
I am interested as well. I had emailed you a few weeks back.
Sponsored

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
Tim -

Money is on the way. This is going to be a long month waiting but will be so worth it when it gets here.

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I took the plunge and ordered an all-black leather wrapped GT350 wheel from Beith Performance Parts. Here's my impressions (and some photos) of the experience.

Why did I decide to upgrade?
It takes a special type of person to blow hundreds of dollars on a wheel. I was that person for two reasons:
1.) I really hated the stock wheel because the leather quality felt vinyl-like and cheap
2.) I have large hands and the wheel's thinness just didn't gel with the S550's otherwise amazing interior aesthetic.

In a nutshell, the tactile feel of the wheel is really important for me and the stock detracted from the style I wanted. In addition, the wheel is the part of the car I touch and interact with the most so upgrading it (despite the cost) was a no brainer.

Bottom Line:
This is the wheel that should have come with the car in the first place. It's the type of wheel that was made to control a car that has 435HP.

What I love about the wheel:
- Great quality leather that makes me wish my seats were wrapped in the same material.
- Solid craftsmanship and very sturdy construction
- Fantastic design. Seriously. Thicker all around the circumference, flat thickened bottom, significantly bolstered at the 10/2 o'clock positions, subtle racing stripe down the top center. Love, love, love every aspect of it. And it doesn't hurt that it looks absolutely sick (already got a compliment this weekend when I had to valet park the car)
- Installation was a breeze.
- Communication with Beith was easy, fast, and professional as you'd expect. I like the exchange program they offer (sending in my OEM wheel for a small refund).

What I dislike about the wheel:
- There's a pronounced indentation mark at the 8 o'clock position where the wheel could have been wrapped better. Something hard or metallic is causing the leather to rise and is fairly noticeable in all light situations (I'm hoping a leather conditioning treatment will make it less apparent). It's the only noticeable flaw if you have OCD tendencies (or expect a custom hand-made leather product to be 100% flawless for the price point).

I'll update the thread periodically and report any signs of wear. Overall, glad I took the plunge!
pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg

Sponsored

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.beithperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
To those people who ordered at the end of February, thank you for your patience.

Those orders are completed as of today, as I said, 4 weeks from placing the order :D Sometimes it can take up to 6 weeks, but usually 4 weeks and they are ready. These 5 wheels will be prepared and packaged for shipping out on Monday.

To anyone who ordered in the past 2 weeks, hang tight, yours is only a couple of weeks away from being done.

Here are the 5 orders ready to go out to their owners...:cheers:

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
To those people who ordered at the end of February, thank you for your patience.

Those orders are completed as of today, as I said, 4 weeks from placing the order :D Sometimes it can take up to 6 weeks, but usually 4 weeks and they are ready. These 5 wheels will be prepared and packaged for shipping out on Monday.

To anyone who ordered in the past 2 weeks, hang tight, yours is only a couple of weeks away from being done.

Here are the 5 orders ready to go out to their owners...:cheers:

Excellent! - can't wait to get my hands on it, literally. :D

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Excellent! - can't wait to get my hands on it, literally. :D
You won't be disappointed. Best mod ever as you touch it everyday.

I bought 2 steering wheels off Tim and I just wish more sellers were like him...

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Been waiting forever to install mines since I ordered back in November. Got it near the end of January and just installed it last week. I am thinking of ordering another one just in case in the future this one wears out lol.

The quality is beyond my expectation. You all won't be disappointed :cheers:

Black

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hash
Vehicle(s)
MustangGT
Love the steering wheels! Damn sexy
Sponsored