Carbon Dynamics Track Pack Spoiler

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT Premium
Thought I would share an honest review with my fellow enthusiasts. A while back I ordered the carbon fiber track pack like spoiler from Carbon Dynamics.

The journey from their doorstep from mine was a little frustrating. They fudged the shipping date by several weeks. Got a few emails suggesting one date then when that date would pass I would get another date. I decided to be patient and ride it out.

Eventually the spoiler arrived and it was well packaged. When it arrived I inspected it and was pleasantly surprised at the quality. Oddly I swear the thing is hollow but maybe that was just my perception. I had a stock spoiler installed already so the swap was simple. The new spoiler came with 4 threaded studs that picked up the OEM holes. A small gripe I had was that the factory spoiler also used the 4 threaded studs but also had 3 alignment pins for precise positioning. Also on the outboard edges the factory spoiler picked up 2 other plastic clip/pins. None of this was present on the new spoiler.

Once out of the package I realized that the adhesive tape that came installed on the spoiler was way too close to the front edge and would be a major eyesore when installed (when you can see the double sided tape it screams cheap). The other major issue with their tape position was that it only covered the front corners. This would not have completely sealed the spoiler to the lid allowing water to enter all of the remaining holes and rust out my trunk. I completely removed their adhesive and installed my own and recessed it enough so that it would not be visible when the spoiler was installed.

All in all it took about an hour to remove the old spoiler and adhesive and install the new one. Once installed I was pretty happy with the look. I like the more aggressive angle of attack they used over the OEM track pack spoiler.

My last comment is that when I look at the spoiler in good lighting I see waves all over the front face of the spoiler. It is kind of embarrassing as it makes it look pretty cheap.

If you have a clue what you are doing you can make the best of this spoiler but it comes with some real rookie set backs.
1462809585.20160509_115753.jpg
20160509_115037.jpg
20160602_155223.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT PP manual
did you contact them about the imperfections on the spoiler? this seems like one of those things they would want to make right Id think..

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Any photos of the waves you can see on the front face?

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Seconded on the imperfections. Pls post pics. I ordered a couple of weeks ago and still no update. If it will take so much time for a crappy product, I might as well cut my losses now.

Anyone know if someone else makes the track pack spoiler in carbon?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Keiferson22

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Any photos of the waves you can see on the front face?
I will grab some photos today in the sun light. As for contacting them, I don't see the point. They barely are able to communicate with customers and it took forever to get this spoiler.

OP
OP
Keiferson22

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Seconded on the imperfections. Pls post pics. I ordered a couple of weeks ago and still no update. If it will take so much time for a crappy product, I might as well cut my losses now.

Anyone know if someone else makes the track pack spoiler in carbon?
Look at the very last photo and zoom in, you will see the waves where light is reflecting. The entire face looks that way...

OP
OP
Keiferson22

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
The spoiler is awesome by design, and I am very pleased overall. The waves are something I chose to live with as they can only be spotted from certain angles. I am a perfectionist by nature and will pick anything apart. As for pictures showing the waviness just look closely at the last picture and you will see it. I tried to take photos this afternoon but it's super tricky to catch them with my camera phone.

15Black3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 3.7
Same deal here. Horrible customer service. Wouldn't respond to messages. Shipping was a week late. Product got here and there is discoloration and white spots all under the clear coat. Do not buy from them.

Sponsored

mustangkc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
i have a friend who makes carbon fiber parts, it should be vacuum processing, for most carbon fiber parts, more or less have the problem, it is hand-made. do not be so care about that, my personal suggestion. :-)

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
I don't understand why they didn't just make it the same size as the real track pack spoiler. Looks goofy.

AmiNo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Auto
I cancelled my Carbon Dynamics Track Pack spoiler today, horrible communcation..they gave me several dates that came and went.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
The real deal is pretty affordable now. Unless you prefer the larger/more aggressive design of this one.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I tried ordering this spoiler weeks ago, and struggled getting any response from them. Had to send the same message 3 or 4 times over facebook messenger before they replied.

The spoiler looks good...shame it sounds like the quality isn't as good as it could be.
Sponsored