ETCH

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
I'm shocked right now. I got a tracking number from CD. The wheel is to be here Friday.... Fingers crossed
Sponsored

OP
OP
ETCH

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
according to the tracking number, the wheel should be here today.... fingers crossed

OP
OP
ETCH

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Well time for me to eat my words... yes the wheel showed up and OMG it is beautiful

the wheel I bought off ebay was from a 2016 Gt but it was an auto. It had the openings on the back of the wheel for the shifters. At first I fought I wouldn’t be able to switch over the controls from my manual because it had extra wires and two holes in the back for shifters. I asked the smartest man I know what to do... Mr. Google... and found a video from CJPPs on YouTube which showed me how to remove the rear cover and swap everything over, including the sire harness. Install was a snap and OMG am I happy with the wheel...

take a Look
IMG_1712.jpg
IMG_1713.jpg
IMG_1715.jpg
IMG_1724.jpg
IMG_1725.jpg
IMG_1726.jpg
IMG_1728.jpg
IMG_1730.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
ETCH

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
So now i have a GT 350 Wheel that is two months old going up on ebay....

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
Well time for me to eat my words... yes the wheel showed up and OMG it is beautiful

the wheel I bought off ebay was from a 2016 Gt but it was an auto. It had the openings on the back of the wheel for the shifters. At first I fought I wouldn’t be able to switch over the controls from my manual because it had extra wires and two holes in the back for shifters. I asked the smartest man I know what to do... Mr. Google... and found a video from CJPPs on YouTube which showed me how to remove the rear cover and swap everything over, including the sire harness. Install was a snap and OMG am I happy with the wheel...

take a Look
Congrats on the wheel. Welcome to the CF Wheel CLUB :D.

Now if they can solve their communication and QA issues they have something, but it's still a risk to deal with them. She's a beaut and you'll notice it on the outside during a sunny day it's one interior mod that's also and exterior one aswell. :headbang:

OP
OP
ETCH

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
does anyone know if the sun bleaches the color of the carbon fiber. if so, what do you do to protect it

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
does anyone know if the sun bleaches the color of the carbon fiber. if so, what do you do to protect it
Most car glass, if not all, is UVA and UVB proof, so you shouldnt have problems with sun damage.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good

Link to eBay auction?

Sixth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Mine hasn't yet and has been sitting in the sun constantly the past couple months. I may wipe it down with UV protectant wipes just for funsies though.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Congratulations! How does the wheel feel in your hands with the mix of CF and leather?

What about thickness of the top and bottom? I can tell it's much thicker vs. the GT350 wheel.

OP
OP
ETCH

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
ETCH

ETCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations! How does the wheel feel in your hands with the mix of CF and leather?

What about thickness of the top and bottom? I can tell it's much thicker vs. the GT350 wheel.
it is really thick on top. bottom is a little thicker than the 350 wheel, but very smooth, seamless carbon fiber, beautiful work. the nine year old kid in the sweatshop did a really nice job... lol :lol:
Sponsored