Car wont ready for emissions

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Has anyone seen this before? This particular portion of the fuel system monitor doesn't ever run so it can't ever complete. This started after flashing back to stock from the FP tune to do the recall. I'm assuming bad flash but what does anyone else think before I go down the rabbit hole?

1000003188.jpg
Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
First, what app is that?

Second, not sure where you live but if the Fuel Monitor is the only test Not Ready, then it will still pass in states like Virginia. I assume you tried all the driving cycles/conditions to get all the monitors into Ready state? I personally could never get the Fuel Monitor into Ready either and I would love to see what underlying tests are preventing that like you can see with the app.

OP
OP
ice445

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
First, what app is that?

Second, not sure where you live but if the Fuel Monitor is the only test Not Ready, then it will still pass in states like Virginia. I assume you tried all the driving cycles/conditions to get all the monitors into Ready state? I personally could never get the Fuel Monitor into Ready either and I would love to see what underlying tests are preventing that like you can see with the app.
This is forscan lite for Android. Under the tests menu, you can check the obd2 readiness monitors. But under that one there's a mode06 test that will break down each readiness Monitor like this so you can see what's hanging up.

I can still pass emissions but this still shouldn't be like that. I'm gonna try pulling the battery out if the car to reset everything, charging it to 100%, and then reflashing the tune. I'll report back. I tried all sorts of goofing around to get the Monitor to set but those tests never run or show any data.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Aren't those FORD PERFORMANCE TUNES 50 state legal ?

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yes indeed. That's why I think it's a bad flash or some other glitch. I'm on the stock tune right now but I'm gonna try going back.
So why would you flash it back to stock for a recal ? Also, which FP package did you get ?

OP
OP
ice445

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So why would you flash it back to stock for a recal ? Also, which FP package did you get ?
Because there was no good info out there if you needed to or not. Some dealers said you did, some said otherwise. FP themselves even wasn't entirely sure (but that's more likely because they deal with so many vehicles and aren't familiar with the recall). So I just went back to be safe.

The kit is the M-9603-M8B.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
ice445

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
you take the GT350 TB off and replaced it with the stock one ?
Yes, all hardware was returned to stock before I flashed back the stock tune. But the battery was only at like 77% according to my scan tool, which *should* be enough but that's also only 12.4 volts, so maybe a cell or two didn't write completely. But then again, everything works 100% perfectly besides this monitor not setting.
Sponsored