20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed we have a few experts on what to use to wash a vehicle. So here is the opportunity to share your knowledge on what chemical should be used. Now let's not include the foam sprayer stuff....just the simple car wash preference AND why......ready---set---go
Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Whomever posts first gets fried by all the other "experts" why their choice is bad.

So...here's my choice: Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash!

Good value for the $$$ and works well with their Ice Liquid Wax (clear and inexpensive).

Nice results!

CVCashmere

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
For snow foam I use TW Ice Snow Foam, it can also be used as a regular shampoo. But for a pure shampoo I use Carpro Reset. Very good cleaning power for a pH neutral shampoo that will not damage coatings.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
So, it would probably be quicker to list what soaps I haven't used! :facepalm:

Meguiars Gold Class and NXT were my favorites for a long time. Cheap and easy to get.

I'm currently cycling between CarPro Reset, Adams Car Shampoo, Koch Chemie GSF and NV Snow & Snow+.

aug252.jpg

oct131.jpg

IMG-8206.jpg

DSC-0301.jpg

IMG-7201.jpg

All of those soaps can be used in a foam cannon or diluted into a bucket.

I love Reset for it's fragrance and cleaning ability.

The Adams is a great product but I didn't like how thick it is, making it harder to dispense and mix.

Koch Chemie GSF is pleasingly fragrant but I found the suggested dilution ratio to be too lean.

The two NV products are my favorites. NV is an Australian brand so you guys in the States might need to hunt for it. Snow is a pH neutral soap that I use for general maintenance washes. It foams very well, dispenses easily and provides exceptional slickness. The Snow+ product is for when I wan't to strip wash or for clean excessively dirty cars.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
My choice after a few years of doing the common choices (turtle wax / gold class / NXT etc) :

1609928204086.png

Used it for 9+ years now on my personal cars (still trial other stuff occasionally on the misses car) - big container / inexpensive per wash compared to typical car shop offerings / they do a reusable pump that fits in the top to ensure clean, easy, accurate dosage / very slippy when at the correct mix ratio / very sudsy / smells nice.

Put an extra squirt in the bucket and use it for claying (I've just moved onto a clay mitt and it works really well for that too).

For me it just ticks all the boxes and it would take a lot of convincing to get me to change to something else now :like:

WD :like:

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
I use Meguiars Gold Class exclusively. It has no wax in it and does not remove your existing wax layer. Best car shampoo I have ever used. I buy it in the gallon jug from Amazon. I highly recommend

Don

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still waiting for my buddy to post his favorite soap/shampoo. He is a pure fountain of knowledge regarding this stuff. Bueller...Bueller....? Oh wait, that's not his name...lol

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
In no particular order:
CG Mr Pink/Maxi Suds
CG Extreme body wash & Wax
CG Citrus Wash
Meguiars Wash+ Heavy Duty

I like to rotate detailing supplies so Im thinking next will be Gold Class, Shampoo Plus and Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax.

Sponsored

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
CG Citrus wash is my goto. seems to get the dead bugs off the front with minimal scrubbing, and smells good. also available at walmart so no worries about running out and not being to get it.

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Dawn Dish Soap

bergdon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Meguiars Hyper-Wash and Optimum car wash are some of my faves.

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
In no particular order but I do use the Gold Class more often. All available in auto stores and Walmart.
Meg Gold Class
CG glossworkz
CG Extreme Body wash
Turtle Wax Ice car wash

CJobe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHRIS
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTCS
Vehicle Showcase
I have tried alot of different shampoos over the years and I have to say my tried and true favorite is duragloss 901. I use it in my foam cannon and it works just fine. I used to try all the latest and greatest but decided to just stick with what works for me.
Sponsored