Car running rich. No cats

Lewtrott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hey new to the forum. Anyways I've got an issue that maybe one of you can help me with. I got a 2015 mustang gt with long tube headers, cat delete and resonator delete with h- pipe. And 10 series dyno flow mufflers. Anyways the car is running rich all the time. The AFR gauge stays at 11.0. I've been told get a tune, or check o2 sensors. Checked for vacuum leaks. So I've read that if there is no catalytic converter that the secondary o2 will detect there Is no cat and that will cause the ecu to throw more gas at the car to keep the cat cooled down that isn't even there anymore. Everyone says the car will keep running rich. Also got a code for misfire on cylinder 6. Replaced spark plugs and coils. Still says misfire. My question is.... What the heck will fix this??I've seen plenty of people running no cats on YouTube and they didn't have a rich issue... So what's the deal here?? Thanks for any answers
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Leaking injector(s) maybe? Could also be the cause of the misfire on #6

OP
OP
Lewtrott

Lewtrott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Leaking injector(s) maybe? Could also be the cause of the misfire on #6
Thanks for the reply. And I've been told that it might be an injector. It's just weird to me how the AFR stays at 11.0. it doesn't move at all even at idle or doing a pull it's still 11.0.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
If the A/F is staying put, not changing, the car is in open loop. You have either bad O2 sensors or you have bad wiring to them. Start there .

You can do a KAM reset and that should get your open loop back to 14 to 1. Take your negative battery cable off the battery and touch it to the positive terminal. This will reset the KAM. If you are afraid to touch the terminals unhook the neg cable for about an hour.

This should take care of the rich condition, next fix the sensor problem and report back.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Do not do any WOT pulls until it goes into closed loop. A/F gauge fluctuates.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lewtrott

Lewtrott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Do you have all that stuff on the car and no tune?
okay man thanks. And yea the car already had the exhaust on it. I ordered a bama tuner for it. Should be here this week. I'm gonna get a tune made for the set up. This has been a pain. I also noticed the o2 sensors do not have the spacers on the like everyone is doing. Could that be the issue? Thanks for the help

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
If he had a CAI then it would matter. The headers and cat delete will be compensated for by the ECU. It's not ideal but will work.

Anyway a tune is not his problem, the O2 sensors not working is.

Why it learned E60 or so is a head scratcher.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Bama is not a good tuner. Do the kam reset first. If it does not default to 14 to 1 the car is already tuned for E85.

OP
OP
Lewtrott

Lewtrott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Okay did what
Bama is not a good tuner. Do the kam reset first. If it does not default to 14 to 1 the car is already tuned for E85.
[/QUOTE okay did what you said. Touched negative to positive. Cranked car back up. Checked the AFR gauge and it bounced up to 18 which is super lean then went rite back to 11. So your telling me the car already has a tune on it?? And I think I'm gonna replace the o2 sensors.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I have long tubes on mine with no O2 extensions, I did get a CEL for the headers and had it turned off thru a tune. That was 2 years ago, Just recently I had to take mine in for an emissions check and it passed.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Yep, it has a E85 tune. The start at 16 to 1 and then settling back at 11 is a sure sign for an E85 tune.

Hopefully it is not locked. If possible find the previous owner and get the tuning devise. At least find out who the tuner was.

Many times the O2 sensor bungs are angled incorrectly on headers. This causes condensation to build up in the sensors when using E85, killing them.

The wired end should be on an upward angle. Horizontal or angled down is trouble.

OP
OP
Lewtrott

Lewtrott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yea I herd you can get the light turned off. I'm thinking it's my o2 sensors. I hate throwing parts at the car. Might get my multimeter and check and see what kinda voltage spikes I get. And see if there working

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Is it still stationary? I mean is it holding 11 or is it moving around?

OP
OP
Lewtrott

Lewtrott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Okay dang. So you mean to tell me they put it in the tune to run at 11.0? And yea I don't even see any E85 around here lol. Will it hurt the car? I've been running 93 octane

OP
OP
Lewtrott

Lewtrott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lewis
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
It's stuck on 11.0 . It's got to be the front o2s
Sponsored