Sponsored

Car Magazine UK Review (GT and EcoBoost)

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Did you read the whole thing? The comparison was made specifically in regards to the EB's engine versus the R's. I hope you understand the difference between a Golf and an R.
I have to admit, I'm pretty interested to see what price the Golf R comes in at. That will be a seriously fast AWD beast. And I can't even imagine what it will be with an APR tune.
Sponsored

blackfire12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium + PP, DIB
"A 228i M Sport is roomier, matches it on price and performance, and will cost far less to run."

Hah, wut... Is this guy on crack? A 228i M Sport costs $36K and has 240HP... I'll concede that it might be a bit nimbler around the corners with less weight but c'mon... :thumbdown:

Malikona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R1
"A 228i M Sport is roomier, matches it on price and performance, and will cost far less to run."

Hah, wut... Is this guy on crack? A 228i M Sport costs $36K and has 240HP... I'll concede that it might be a bit nimbler around the corners with less weight but c'mon... :thumbdown:
Yeah I read something like that and think that the guy just really doesn't want to like the car. He's reaching a lot.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
The rear seat of the Mustang will be fine for kids, and will be OK for shorter adults in a pinch. I'm 5' 10" and with the front seat setup for my preferred driving position, I was able to fit behind it with plenty of leg room. The primary issue in the back is head room, as my hair was touching the rear window (this was in a 2014 Mustang, BTW). Supposedly the 2015 is essentially the same in rear seat space, so I think it will be perfect for people with children who need a fun way to get them around.

I thought the review was pretty positive. I do think Ford may have biased the EB engine too far towards torque, which makes it fall flat at the top end a bit. Not sure what limits the HP at the top end, but addressing that may really make the engine feel more willing.

-T

mikeyw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Merc C Class
Yeah I read something like that and think that the guy just really doesn't want to like the car. He's reaching a lot.

It's a UK review... I'm pretty sure the 228 costs about ÂŁ29k, the same as the EB. Also an intelligent review would consider the cost of ownership, not just the figure in the window. The 228 is about 58bhp down on the EB in the UK, but the weight will make a lot if that up.

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
Back seat not meant for adults, period!(serious)
I don't need adults to fit just my kids. I'm not 6' so it makes it easier. I would counter why make a car with back seats if they are worthless? That's rhetorical of course as many manufacturers do it but I find the practice of it stupid.

This seats four just fine and if the Mustang won't then I'll get something else in the future.
Sponsored