Car is officially getting a Stage 2 Edelbrock 2650

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’d love to see the numbers on a custom tune, 93, LT’s and a free flowing exhaust...
620tq on 91 is pretty serious.
These may not be corrected numbers....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The SAE correction factor is on the dyno graph. The correction factor is high because he’s at like 5k altitude. However, based upon what my car made, those numbers don’t seem far off for a custom tune.

Stizang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
18 Kona blue gt
Yes correction factor is high ,dyno is at 5,500’ . For comparison sake the EB tune is the 558 hp and stock the dyno was 394 hp.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Below are my results with the Stg 2 on 91 octane (no octane booster) with my A10. Car is completely stock otherwise. This is on the EB tune and it’s garbage. Going custom tune soon. Makes great power, but power delivery is terrible.
CED8391C-7E67-4BAE-90AF-C904FC04458F.jpeg
Just understand once you go custom tune you will lose the Edelbrock warranty which in my opinion is extremely good. I have never seen a warranty cover more than the engine like Edelbrock does. With your 2020 it's like having your own 3/36k powertrain taken care of because your Ford one is gone.

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
That’s true and after 20 years of modding cars, I’m prepared to buy a new motor before I even start adding power. The warranty is nice, I just don’t know if the driveability of the tune is going to cut it for me.

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
That’s true and after 20 years of modding cars, I’m prepared to buy a new motor before I even start adding power. The warranty is nice, I just don’t know if the driveability of the tune is going to cut it for me.
Following this thread. I can confirm my 19 GT 6 speed manual running Edelbrock stage 2 runs like a champ. Im running the stock Edelbrock tune and it puts down 641 to the tires. The tune is a smog legal tune, as some have noted. To remain smog legal the tune employs some techniques that do make power delivery slightly non linear. It works like this. As you egin pressing down on the gas pedal you begin roaring forward up to about a third of pedal travel. As you continue increasing pedal towards the floor the rate of acceleration lessons, bit still increases, until about 87% throttle then...whammo..she goes wide open. If you were to floor it instead of slowly rolling on it you don't notice the non linear pedal. A custom tune concert we be employed to make things more linear but as mentioned you give up your warranty. Unless you are an all out racer trying to drag the car the stock tune satisfies. All I can say is install the kit try it out for a while and then make your decision but I think you’ll be happy as it is delivered from Edelbrock. Send me a private message if you want more detailed information but I hope this helps .

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thanks for the input. I’ve had the blower on for about 3 weeks now. Tune is ok, but I would like to have more ability to modulate the throttle. My last centri SC car that I just sold had a lot better part throttle response and I could control the traction a lot better. Overall, I’m happy with the kit and not looking to make much more than the 629 it made through the A10.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Following this thread. I can confirm my 19 GT 6 speed manual running Edelbrock stage 2 runs like a champ. Im running the stock Edelbrock tune and it puts down 641 to the tires. The tune is a smog legal tune, as some have noted. To remain smog legal the tune employs some techniques that do make power delivery slightly non linear. It works like this. As you egin pressing down on the gas pedal you begin roaring forward up to about a third of pedal travel. As you continue increasing pedal towards the floor the rate of acceleration lessons, bit still increases, until about 87% throttle then...whammo..she goes wide open. If you were to floor it instead of slowly rolling on it you don't notice the non linear pedal. A custom tune concert we be employed to make things more linear but as mentioned you give up your warranty. Unless you are an all out racer trying to drag the car the stock tune satisfies. All I can say is install the kit try it out for a while and then make your decision but I think you’ll be happy as it is delivered from Edelbrock. Send me a private message if you want more detailed information but I hope this helps .

87% to go “whammo” = no bueno. Sounds like my stock pedal. Custom tune or bust for me.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
87% to go “whammo” = no bueno. Sounds like my stock pedal. Custom tune or bust for me.
Ha, then by all means get the custom tune. Overall, still pretty awesome driving experience.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Ha, then by all means get the custom tune. Overall, still pretty awesome driving experience.
Glad you like it though. Seems to be a 50/50 split as to owner likeabilty of the EB tune. My 3/60 is up so it wouldn't make sense for me to settle for anything less than a honed in custom tune.

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Glad you like it though. Seems to be a 50/50 split as to owner likeabilty of the EB tune. My 3/60 is up so it wouldn't make sense for me to settle for anything less than a honed in custom tune.
Agreed. Who will do your tune?

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
Ok, at the risk of a lot of justifiable scrutiny, my '18 A10 Stage-1 kit made 691/589 on a 91 tune from Rob at PBD. 2nd pull. My only mods are long tubes, no cats or suitcase and some DIY mods to the stock airbox and inlet side of the grill, basically a true ram air result. Still have the stock mufflers. SAE correction and no smoothing. Stock rear tire diameter and 3.55 rear tested in 7th gear. All appropriate weather data and other variables that can be entered into the Dynojet were made correctly.

Now, the elevation at the dyno shop is 5534'. From what I've been seeing generally, with respect to SAE corrected dyno results, elevations above 3000 tend to read higher than average. In my case, it was a lot higher. I recall reading somewhere that the margin for error with either the SAE or the STD protocol becomes much greater above 3000'. I read that the error curve tends to stay mostly linear, until 3000', at which point it becomes more exponential. Therefor, it would seem to me that the higher above 3000', the more above or below average either correction protocol would be. I wish I had a link for reference. "That's the way that I hoid it tho". More correctly, I should say that that's the way that I remember it. Lol...

The car did 395 stock; 432 on a PBD E70 tune; 452 with long tubes added; and, 475 with a PMAS added. I don't recall how those numbers compare with other Gen3 Coyote A10's, but Chris Groves, at The Dyno Edge here in Albuquerque, is always surprised at how well this car responds to mods. I haven't had it to the track, because they want a cage for ragtops, under 13.5. Still thinking about that one though. Anyway, food for thought...
dynorunShare_0 (2).png

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, at the risk of a lot of justifiable scrutiny, my '18 A10 Stage-1 kit made 691/589 on a 91 tune from Rob at PBD. 2nd pull. My only mods are long tubes, no cats or suitcase and some DIY mods to the stock airbox and inlet side of the grill, basically a true ram air result. Still have the stock mufflers. SAE correction and no smoothing. Stock rear tire diameter and 3.55 rear tested in 7th gear. All appropriate weather data and other variables that can be entered into the Dynojet were made correctly.

Now, the elevation at the dyno shop is 5534'. From what I've been seeing generally, with respect to SAE corrected dyno results, elevations above 3000 tend to read higher than average. In my case, it was a lot higher. I recall reading somewhere that the margin for error with either the SAE or the STD protocols becomes much greater above 3000'. I read that the error curve tends to stay mostly linear, until 3000', at which point it becomes more exponential. Therefor, it would seem to me that the higher above 3000', the more above or below average either correction protocol would be. I wish I had a link for reference. "That's the way that I hoid it tho". More correctly, I should say that that's the way that I remember it. Lol...

The car did 395 stock; 432 on a PBD E70 tune; 452 with long tubes added; and, 475 with a PMAS added. I don't recall how those numbers compare with other Gen3 Coyote A10's, but Chris Groves, at The Dyno Edge here in Albuquerque, is always surprised at how well this car responds to mods. I haven't had it to the track, because they want a cage for ragtops, under 13.5. Still thinking about that one though. Anyway, food for thought...
dynorunShare_0 (2).png
I jumped on the Whipple website to check their numbers. They made virtually identical numbers to what you quoted for your vehicle when stock. Within a couple of Hp.
Can’t comment on the accuracy of the correction factor at higher elevations though sorry.
9psi seems to indicate some pretty thin air though.
Sponsored