Car gonna be too loud...need advice...

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
Hmmm I’ll have to look into these. Just a quick search and I see they aren’t that pricey for an active system. When you said active I was immediately thinking they are gonna be too high. Will listen to some vids on them.
There's 1 video on YouTube that's really good. The guy is comparing his MBRP exhaust to the XForce cat-back and actually goes through all 4 modes of the exhaust and then does a full WOT at fully closed and then fully open. Fully closed it sounds stock and his car looks like its got Forced Induction as well. American Muscle sells this exhaust now and so does Summit Racing.
Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Honestly you’re right man, the tone, and noticeable lack of rasp, these sound the best of what I’ve heard. Still quite loud with catless headers, but probably not near as obnoxious as my Roush setup would be even with catted headers.
No, a lot more toned down than that. There isn't a lot you can do that sounds good and isn't very loud catless. The Kooks full system (with cats) sounds really good too and isn't over the top. Not sure how it sounds catless.

NKNEFA6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT and a couple of beaters.
I have MF street cat back, no headers. Its quiet, 3 in., and has a good x pipe.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
I have MF street cat back, no headers. Its quiet, 3 in., and has a good x pipe.
Just looking around online I’m thinking either the Ford by Borla Touring kit or the MagnaFlow kit. Both seem fairy tame without headers, which may be just right with headers.
You nailed it! Our Street catback is the perfect candidate to use with long-tube headers. Its more conservative sound and deep tone works perfectly with headers to even out the volume to a streetable level and prevents the raspiness you usually get. Most people say that combo is the perfect volume for them. :thumbsup:
Sponsored