Sponsored

Car feels weak with only 6000 miles?

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
My 16 feels slow 85% of the time. Every once in a while it drives like it woke up but it's rare. One area I am concerned with is false knock which may be pulling timing. It's not the same car I drove off the lot, that's for sure.
Sponsored

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
You comepletely do get used to the power. It will drive you crazy if it hasnt happened to you much before. If you must know for certain, go rent a dyno, they are not that expensive.

You pretty much have to shift at redline to get the full potential of the PP3. Its near stock at lower rpm.

Most cars get faster when the temps drop, but its harder to launch in cold weather.
I see. I much dyno the car. How much power should I be making with pp3 with catback?

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Could it be behavior learned in the PCM? Have you been doing a lot of leisurely driving and then it doesn't respond instantly when you want to go? On some tunes I've had, I've felt like it got slower over time based on my driving habits but when I ended up reflashing my tune - the car felt fast again. Now it could have just been in my head and I have no scientific data to back this up.

I don't see why the car would suddenly just be slow. Probably you just got used to the tune and perhaps you are not using high RPM enough. The GT350 manifold has a flatter torque curve and doesn't really come alive until 5-6K RPM from what I've heard and seen on dyno graphs.
Im pretty sure my driving habit hasnt been changed. Not quite sure yet what it is to me

Sponsored

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
My 16 feels slow 85% of the time. Every once in a while it drives like it woke up but it's rare. One area I am concerned with is false knock which may be pulling timing. It's not the same car I drove off the lot, that's for sure.
I might have to dialog again, but from what I did few days ago, it was not adding or pulling at all. stayed 0 for the whole time at low speed, high speed.

stevnoof1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I might have to dialog again, but from what I did few days ago, it was not adding or pulling at all. stayed 0 for the whole time at low speed, high speed.
Mine did the same thing. Sct x4 knock pid does not work with the ford calibrations. It will always read zero.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Are you using the tune that comes with the kit? If so get it dyno tuned by a real tuner. You’ll be surprised how much better it will be!

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Try a Lunds racing tune

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Could try a KAM reset if it were bad gas in the past or anything else learned.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
These cars feel like they have two engines. 0-4500 rpms it's a six cylinder. After 4500 it becomes a V8. Every now and then I send it to remind myself.

careature

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 2017 pp
I still have original pirellis that everyone hates. I clearly remember it was a problem to have traction in the rear when making a left or right 90 degree turn from stop without doing anything crazy. Just getting up to speed of cars on the road. And I was not jumping in front of another car like an ahole and showing off my car's power. No, just reasonable acceleration, reasonable distance from oncoming cars before getting onto the road.

Pirellis are worn out a bit and are supposed to have less traction. I have no problem with traction in the rear anymore. Like, you have to really try to break rears loose.

So, something's not right. I feel like the car lost some ponies under 2500rpms.

It still feels like V8, but probably not like 400+hp V8.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I can relate. Still have original P zeros with 26k miles. They have some life not much but still grab.

I test drove an 18 and it was waaaay more responsive off the line and woke. Mine hesitates with little pauses in acceleration up to 3000 rpm. Very weird. No check engine lights. I just beat the shit out of it when I get annoyed with it. Seems to fix the problem ...within me...lol