Sponsored

Can you increase the Active Sound volume?

fredsmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
I am wondering if there is a way to increase the volume for the Active Sound? I am aware of that a lot of people do not like The sound, however, I like it and would like it a bit louder in my car.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I am wondering if there is a way to increase the volume for the Active Sound? I am aware of that a lot of people do not like The sound, however, I like it and would like it a bit louder in my car.

Thanks!
Yes hook it up to all your factory speakers, the turn volume all the way up! Bam! Video game! ;)

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT Premium
It's my understanding that the system only attenuates noise and does not actually pump fake/amplified engine noise through the speakers. If I am wrong and these cars actually do pump fake noise into the cabin i'm sure the decible level is fixed and would not be affected by simply cranking up your stereo (even if the original reply was intended to be humorous).

ThirtyThreePointThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 White EcoBoost AT
The decibel level is fixed. Toying with the volume knob does not mess with that systems output. Only way to increase it is to run the factory amplifier output (by the drivers side left leg) to an aftermarket setup. You can then control the volume by playing with gain settings on the aftermarket amps. This is the only way I know how cuz this is how it works in my car.

Sponsored

Cerberus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost (Magnetic)
I'd suggest simply swapping out your exhaust system, for one of the more "aggressive" systems on the market--you'll have all the noise in the cabin you could ask for !!
Sponsored