Can anyone help me out?

Aa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmed
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have been struggling with this issue for a while now. So last year I installed Steeda rear adjustable camber arms and all of the bolts constantly became lose over a matter of days. I went to many local shops where the issue continued. After many months of frustration I had a local shop apply Loctite to all the bolts. The bolts are now tight, but something just doesn't feel right. The ride feels bouncy and VERY NOISY sounds as if i have a blown suspension. I paid $450 for camber arms and I am very disappointed. The only other suspension modification I have are Eibach Sportline springs. (2018 Mustang GT).

Any advice would be helpful!
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Just for clarification, the OEM arms are adjustable so these Steeda ones just make adjusting easier, correct? Camber arms alone should not and would not give the results you have so something else is going on.

Do you know if the shop put red or blue locktite? Blue is more so that the bolts don't back out due to vibrations while red is meant to never come loose again. Though perhaps this doesn't matter.
The only thing I can think of is the shop guy put locktite everywhere and it's not allowing joints to rotate which is either directly causing the noise or damaged something else which is then causing the noise.

Bouncy ride tells me the shocks might be blown. Not sure if something caused this as the shocks should last longer than 3 years

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Sportlines are pretty low and the stock shocks are barely up to the task of controlling the stock springs. Hope they trimmed the bump stops when the springs went in too.

as for bolts loosening, if you torque to the specs in the service manual (which are normal torque for those size bolts) they absolutely should not come loose. Many do come with thread locker from the factory, so some blue locktite would be fine for most of them.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Bouncy ride tells me the shocks might be blown. Not sure if something caused this as the shocks should last longer than 3 years
Agreed. Sportlines on stock shocks and struts is a perfect recipe for a bad ride. The loud noises may be your OEM shock mounts; they’re self-sacrificial and when deteriorated (or perhaps fully broken—this I’d suspect you’d notice) they may make some noise.
Sponsored