Sponsored

Can you please help me identify these suspension springs?

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi all!

This is my first post and I just purchased a 2018 GT.

I need some help identifying these springs. I searched online for around an hour without any luck.

They are Ford springs and the number printed on them is CM-5560-W

Thanks for any help, this one has me stumped.
Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
FR3Z-5560-W comes up as a right rear spring for a 2018 GT350 with Magnaride. There is a notation that is marked FR3C-5560-W. The thing is, a GT could use the left spring on both sides but the right spring wouldn't work. "-5560-" will be a rear spring, front springs are "-5310-".

OP
OP

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for that info.

That is the part number from the right side, the springs are already installed.

Why do you say that the right side spring won't work on the GT?

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350's use left and right springs that are wound in opposite directions, GT's and Ecoboosts use the same springs on both sides. In hindsight, the part numbers for the left and right should be the same, I have no idea how the parts are defined as left or right so the listing for the right side coming up may be random.
I guess I need to figure out how to order the correct side, I recognized the part number because I've spent the last month researching the parts to upgrade my own car. I'll be ordering two left side FR3Z-5560-X in the next few days

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My GT has Magneride and I was under the impression that the GT350 Springs will also work in Magneride equipped GTs.

I see new spring sets being advertised to fit both/either the GT350 and Magneride GTs.

Does your EB have Magneride?

I wonder what the part numbers are for the PP2 spring.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
My GT has Magneride and I was under the impression that the GT350 Springs will also work in Magneride equipped GTs.

I see new spring sets being advertised to fit both/either the GT350 and Magneride GTs.

Does your EB have Magneride?

I wonder what the part numbers are for the PP2 spring.
You're correct, the Magnaride cars use the GT350 type springs (wound in opposite directions). You don't want two lefts on a Magnaride equipped S550.

OP
OP

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was a little concerned. Thank you for the clarification.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Nightmaremoon, I was not aware the Magnaride springs were also mirror image.

Ricker, my EB is non-magnaride and non-PP. It's intended to be a DD/commuter vehicle but there's a twisty section of my commute ; )
I'm currently gathering parts for the first wave of upgrades when it gets a little warmer out. This will include GT350R (non-magnaride) springs, Ford Performance track shocks and struts and EBPP brakes. The second wave will probably include control arms, more chassis stiffening, etc.

OP
OP

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am planning on adding the Steeda stop the hop kit to help tame the rear. Right now they are having a sale, so you may be able to get a great deal on those springs you want.

The crazy thing is I have yet to drive it. It has Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s on it and it was below zero up North when I purchased the car and could not drive it. I am having it shipped down to Florida this week. There are limited twisty roads here, but a track is close.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL, that's why I didn't order the EBPP. Summer only tires won't cut it here and the 3.55 rear isn't needed for my commute, but I can add the rest of the parts or even improve upon them. I have a few tracks within a couple hours as well, but my other car is better suited for that.
I was actually just on Steeda's site, there are a few things in my cart but I'm not sure if I'll pull the trigger. I had planned to place an order with Levittown this week and don't need to go overboard (Steeda doesn't have the springs).
Your car will be there soon enough, and certainly worth the wait. Good luck with the new ride.

Sponsored

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
The fronts springs will all the be the same. On Magnaride equipped cars, the rears springs are wound directional. With that being said, you will have a left spring and a right spring.

OP
OP

Ricker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank you for further clarification. I just ordered a stop the hop kit last night.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
FR3Z-5560-W comes up as a right rear spring for a 2018 GT350 with Magnaride. There is a notation that is marked FR3C-5560-W. The thing is, a GT could use the left spring on both sides but the right spring wouldn't work. "-5560-" will be a rear spring, front springs are "-5310-".
So what is the correct part number for non R, non magna-ride GT350 spring for a GT? (Left side)
Thanks Anthony
Sponsored