Sponsored

Calipers...What do I need to know?

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Hey guys...Going to drop my car off for Ceramic Pro coating this weekend. The shop offers powder coating services. So I'm planning on getting the calipers coated.

What do I need to know about the shop removing and re-installing the calipers correctly, things to ask, etc.?

I've seen lots of pics of them doing this on vettes, porsches and other exotics. So they should know what they are doing. I'm just paranoid. I know the e-brake can be a bit of a pain.

Do I need a new set of bolts, is there a specific torque spec for GT350, etc.?

Any help would be great. I searched "calipers" and didn't find a lot. Sorry if there is a thread that I'm just not finding. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
The trick is not getting the calipers off and back on. It's taking the pistons and seals out of the calipers without any damage so you can bake the powder coat.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^ He's doing ceramic pro, not powder - so they will likely not disassemble them.

OP - just look around and ask what other cars they have done. If you see other cars around with clean BBKs - chances are good they know what they are doing. ;)

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Eh, if the shop doesn't know how to do it, then find a shop that does. Most companies that do automotive powder coating will know how to work on calipers. I would bet that they know how to do it if they do a lot of automotive work. If not, then there are dozens that do.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Darth Cobra

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Said powder coating for calipers...
Yes, powder coat first, then Ceramic Pro...I'm sure they know what they are doing. They have pics of other cars. I just want to know to make sure for my piece of mind.

OP
OP
Darth Cobra

Darth Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Tri Yellow GT350
Pics of other calipers they've done. They do amazing Ceramic and paint correction.
IMG_0118.jpg
Sponsored