Sponsored

Caliperfextion Stud Kit - Where to buy?

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
The OE bolts per the workshop manual are one time use. Typically any time Ford specifies one time use it is for a reason. If you look at the factory bolt you can see how its a little more involved than what you stated which was:

Any machine shop can do the studs. I would tale some long, good quality bolts and have the shop cut the head/bolt to length and cut some threads in it on the cut side
You can even do it yourself with a good set of dies

Based on what you said, you make it sound like anyone can go buy a threaded rod, cut it to length, and boom there are your studs.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-2200B350/m...MIkOTf_M7O-QIVFZfICh3eoQZ2EAQYAiABEgLJkvD_BwE
Regarding 1 time use
Quite often the reason is simply because the bolt has a type a thread lock/Loctite applied to it
And therefore cleaning the bolt and applying Blue Locktite and reusing the bolt is ok
Obviously common sense apply
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Read all this stuff about cutting heads off studs and so on.

I have an unused set of this Caliperfexion kit. Well engineered, highest quality metallurgy per the intended application and overall a super time saving product. I don't as yet have use for them but I'm keeping them.

With demand high I'm sure being patient with the acceptance of future orders on these will be worth the wait.

Not to mention such parts are just plain super sexy, even though you can't see them most of the time.

OP
OP
Jeffwels

Jeffwels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage, 2016 BMW X5M
I ended up finding a used stainless set via a friendly forum member that directed me to a Facebook for sale ad. Seems they pop up used every now and then for those that don't want to go to homedepot and try to kill themselves with hardware isle crap.

TommyBoyDIY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I'm sorry guys, as of a few days later I have not heard back from Tobe. I can only assume he's not making them at the moment

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I'm sorry guys, as of a few days later I have not heard back from Tobe. I can only assume he's not making them at the moment
He and I chatted for a bit last night, and you’re correct, at the moment there’s no specific timeline for when new sets might become available.

Sponsored

XdArrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350; 2021 Mach 1 (sold)
Definitely in the same boat… I am still looking for a GT350 stud kit. Or, waiting until they are offered again.

I have not heard or seen any recent updates.

TrackRat350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I too have been looking for several months now. If anyone has a used set they would like to sell, i am always here.. Good thread.

Sponsored