Sponsored

Anyone know where to buy the OEM drilled brake rotors?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
So my order for the OEM drilled rotors was cancelled yesterday after about 2 months of waiting. Looks like the FR3Z-1125-E is available but FR3Z-1125-F (driver's side) has no ETA. I've called around to a few places and they seem to be out of stock everywhere I've looked. Anyone have any leads?

The SHW equivalents on Tirerack are not in stock.

And yes most of the online Ford parts websites show "in stock" but when you call them they say backordered and no ETA.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Unfortunately its par for the course right now. Any reason you don't want to go with the updated non-drilled style?

OP
OP
matthewr87

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Unfortunately its par for the course right now. Any reason you don't want to go with the updated non-drilled style?
It is just so random that the passenger side is available but the driver side is backordered.

I just found the part numbers for the non-drilled: KR3Z-1125-D and C

Is that correct?

I guess I can live with the visual mismatch between front and back if these are actually available.

Last edited:

Kramerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So my order for the OEM drilled rotors was cancelled yesterday after about 2 months of waiting. Looks like the FR3Z-1125-E is available but FR3Z-1125-F (driver's side) has no ETA. I've called around to a few places and they seem to be out of stock everywhere I've looked. Anyone have any leads?

The SHW equivalents on Tirerack are not in stock.

And yes most of the online Ford parts websites show "in stock" but when you call them they say backordered and no ETA.
I have a full set of take offs from my car if you're interested. I got a sweet deal on some girodiscs so my oem drilled rotors aren't being used. They were on the car for 7k miles and have tons of life left. PM me if you want.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yes. They’re all the same. Just drilled or not.
OPMustang and FTB have stock rotors on their sites; not sure about inventory though.

OP
OP
matthewr87

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have a full set of take offs from my car if you're interested. I got a sweet deal on some girodiscs so my oem drilled rotors aren't being used. They were on the car for 7k miles and have tons of life left. PM me if you want.
Thanks for the offer man. But since I will be using these on track I just want to make sure I bed my new pads with the new rotors.

OP
OP
matthewr87

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Not sure how you feel about Ebay. This seller has a set, new, might get the price negotiated down. He has very good feedback for sales. Im sure you’ve thought of this, but not turnable?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334335575129?hash=item4dd7f40459:g:BMoAAOSwJBRiEGq6
Yeah I've been looking on eBay. I've always been a bit leery.

My current rotors should be good for another couple track events. Hopefully by then these will be in stock. Of course that's what I said about the FL-2087 last October....

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Considering your headed to the track I think I’d bite the bullet and just move to the updated rotors. Best of luck.

Yeah I've been looking on eBay. I've always been a bit leery.

My current rotors should be good for another couple track events. Hopefully by then these will be in stock. Of course that's what I said about the FL-2087 last October....

Sponsored

Mustangford289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt350
I just bought a set from Tasca. Drivers side was a 10 day delay. I did notice that they offered a front rotor that fit both sides too...not drilled.

Last edited:
OP
OP
matthewr87

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I just bought a set from Tasca. Drivers side was a 10 day delay. I did notice that they offered a front rotor that fit both sides too...not drilled.
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I'll give them a call on Monday and see what's up.

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
It is just so random that the passenger side is available but the driver side is backordered.

I just found the part numbers for the non-drilled: KR3Z-1125-D and C

Is that correct?

I guess I can live with the visual mismatch between front and back if these are actually available.
Unlikely, most likely the GT500 rotor.
FWIW, parts.ford show both sides in stock. You're also unlikely to get new drilled rotors from Ford.
They were most likely superseded by the undrilled one.

OP
OP
matthewr87

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Considering your headed to the track I think I’d bite the bullet and just move to the updated rotors. Best of luck.
Yeah that's probably what I will end up doing. My drilled rotors have lasted me 16 tracks days so I guess not too bad. I am starting to see some surface cracks around some of the holes. The last track event I attended the organizers decided to do a "red flag drill" and I just happened to be rounding the corner after the main straight and my brakes were pretty toasty. Had no choice but to pull over and listen to them ping and pop as they cooked...

I think that is what caused the cracks to start.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Thanks for the offer man. But since I will be using these on track I just want to make sure I bed my new pads with the new rotors.
which new pads are you using? I'd still take him up on that offer. First session of the day should clean it up.
Sponsored