Caliper Color Question

SVTchris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
1993 SVT Mustang Cobra, 2004 SVT F-150 Lightning, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Carl Widmann talks about the caliper color choice in this video at about 2:07 and apparently, red was chosen as a nod to the 2001 Bullitt for "product integration." Being new to the Bullitt family and seeing many unhappy with red calipers, my question is, were there the same color choice conversations/complaints had by the 2001 buyers at the time?

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Carl Widmann talks about the caliper color choice in this video at about 2:07 and apparently, red was chosen as a nod to the 2001 Bullitt for "product integration." Being new to the Bullitt family and seeing many unhappy with red calipers, my question is, were there the same color choice conversations/complaints had by the 2001 buyers at the time?

I remember seeing a lot of people wonder why the calipers were red in the 01 model. More so when they could have just used the Cobra calipers unpainted and saved a few cents, like they later did with the Mach1.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
At that time, some of the Bullitt owners appreciated the color, especially because it reminded people of Brembo brakes being red on high performance models like Porsche or Ferrari. It was positioned as "jewelry" that would stand a bit. it's pretty wild to see this revisited, even though some people now think the color should have been more blended in like the 2008/09 model had with the wheel and brake configuration.

They were popular enough some of us that Ford Racing sold them as aftermarket parts.

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
My GF and kids think I've lost my mind by painting the calipers gray - they **loved** the red! But.... I paid for the car, and the "Merry Christmas" brakes drove me nuts. Had it been a black Bullitt or a MG GT i would have kept 'em red. Blondes or Brunettes I guess:crackup:
Sponsored