California Special Splitter Install

shanethealmighty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Are you happy w it? I like my smaller one, but I think the bigger one would look better. Lol haven’t seen any in person just photos
Personally, I think they should all have come with the CS splitter from the factory. It bolts right on and looks a little more aggressive without being ridiculous. Needless to say, I really like mine. My car is also lowered slightly with the Ford Racing Track Suspension, and I only run 18" wheels, but the CS splitter still clears most cement parking blocks which is nice.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Mines stock height which you can see from photos, I have decked out everything else, may as well just finish the front end.

best price I can find is Levittown free shipped @ 300 to house.

I don’t know if your cars original splitter looked like mine, but if it’s nicer than your oem, I bet it’s nicer than my oem.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Mines stock height which you can see from photos, I have decked out everything else, may as well just finish the front end.

best price I can find is Levittown free shipped @ 300 to house.

I don’t know if your cars original splitter looked like mine, but if it’s nicer than your oem, I bet it’s nicer than my oem.
You won't regret your purchase. And since you have a non PP, it will bolt up with no problems. Don't forget to post pics.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You won't regret your purchase. And since you have a non PP, it will bolt up with no problems. Don't forget to post pics.
What sucks is, I am putting the car in the garage in next 2 weeks for winter, but I will toss it on beforehand. I will post up pics, ive had the belly pan off a few times so I assume the lip is pretty easy to pop off while its off.

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Dig back into the posts.
There are 3 different bellypans:
1. V6 and non PP EB
2. Base GT and PP EB
3. PP GT.

The CS splitter only is a direct bolt on with option number 2.
A
Pans 1 and 3 require some modification.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My 17 premium non performance pack isn’t a direct bolt on???

I will need to cancel. Don’t really want to modify anything

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
My 17 premium non performance pack isn’t a direct bolt on???

I will need to cancel. Don’t really want to modify anything
YES! your non PP vehicle will be a direct bolt on. Chef jpd meant to say "non PP GT" and not "Base GT". I have a premium non PP vehicle and it its a direct bolt on.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
YES! your non PP vehicle will be a direct bolt on. Chef jpd meant to say "non PP GT" and not "Base GT". I have a premium non PP vehicle and it its a direct bolt on.
I believe ecoboost pp and gt non pp have same shield which means he’s correct

I read about a guy who had left the small gap between splitter and belly and tore bumper off

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-chin-spoiler-splitter-options.111845/

do you lose mpg w the eco pp pan vs non eco pan? I read. The gt performance pack belly pushes air into wheel brakes area and base pushes around outside car wheels

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Chef,

If I want to keep aerodynamics best I can, I don’t care about brake vents as I have non pp.

Do I need to get the base gt belly? Or get the eco pp belly? If eco pp belly has air ducts into wheels, and the base gt doesn’t

I’d choose base gt. Does the base gt fit on ecoboost?

I read base vs pp pans, there’s rubber air deflector on the base pans, and that’s what I have now and would prefer to keep

Sponsored

SHONOFF15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW GT
Anyone in here who upgraded want to sell their stock splitter??

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Chef,

If I want to keep aerodynamics best I can, I don’t care about brake vents as I have non pp.

Do I need to get the base gt belly? Or get the eco pp belly? If eco pp belly has air ducts into wheels, and the base gt doesn’t

I’d choose base gt. Does the base gt fit on ecoboost?

I read base vs pp pans, there’s rubber air deflector on the base pans, and that’s what I have now and would prefer to keep
So as previously noted, Base GT = non PP GT, and the same pan as the EBPP

The rubber strip on the bottom has the crazy curvy one on the V6 and base EB, and the simple curve on the GT and EBPP
I believe the GTPP has no rubber dam and has brake cooling ducts.

all the pans fit on all the cars, so the combination of pan and splitter is up to you.

The difference on the pans is the front section that attaches to the splitter, all different lengths.

so, in a nutshell you need a non PP GT or EB PP belly pan in order to use the CS splitter.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It’s strange the eco base and eco pp look the same except for the foam thing
Both have the long curve and v curve slots, like you can pick whichever one you want
0401F5AF-DDD2-4023-B84A-3DF8B310A0ED.jpeg
B1A8D4CA-4CF6-4749-9B59-9045223BBE6D.jpeg

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
So as previously noted, Base GT = non PP GT, and the same pan as the EBPP

The rubber strip on the bottom has the crazy curvy one on the V6 and base EB, and the simple curve on the GT and EBPP
I believe the GTPP has no rubber dam and has brake cooling ducts.

all the pans fit on all the cars, so the combination of pan and splitter is up to you.

The difference on the pans is the front section that attaches to the splitter, all different lengths.

so, in a nutshell you need a non PP GT or EB PP belly pan in order to use the CS splitter.
So if I used my stock pan, it would have a gap between splitter and belly pan?

if I’m going to buy a pan, get the eco PP correct? It doesn’t have the air ducting towards brakes I assume, and I’m not going to cut my fender liner and such.
Sponsored