CALIFORNIA SPECIAL S550 Mustang Thread

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
If it bothers you, I bet the dealer would try to fix it if you complained about it.

Key word here is "try" though.

šŸ¤£
Sponsored

GrabberCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium California Special
If it bothers you, I bet the dealer would try to fix it if you complained about it.

Key word here is "try" though.

šŸ¤£
Hahaha. Nah I have low standards. Bought it sight unseen, out of state, with 5k miles. Dealer said itā€™s in ā€œperfect conditionā€, but thatā€™s kind of a red flag in its own so mainly just wanted to ID whether this was an undisclosed imperfection or standard Ford QC šŸ˜‚

GTcruzUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS Convertible
I have the older gen that doesn't have the fake side scoops but it is rather common. Don't worry about them though, they are stuck on there pretty good. Their hold is strong even though they might just be uneven. I have seen that on the newer ones hitting the lots near me. Not a big deal, just a quality control oversight. Enjoy all that the car is going to deliver you!
My 2022 GT/CS has about the same issue. Mine was delaminating, same LH side scoop and upper forward corner was not stuck tight to the panel. Ford dealer ordered a new scoop, which is pre-painted Atlas blue and ready to stick into place. Original scoop was removed by Ford Service Dept. See photos.
Service department also fixed my windows, which seriously needed proper alignment. Especially the driverā€™s door window, which after closing the door would randomly misalign and stick open along the seal for the convertible top.
Another issueā€¦.perhaps blame COVIDā€™s impact on the assembly line?ā€¦.the trunk was hard to shut and the lower edge was contacting the bumpers cover and wearing a scuff line into the cover. Ford fixed that too, so now it clears the bumper cover and actually shuts without slamming it down. LOL.
IMG_5442.jpeg
IMG_5443.jpeg

Chooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Ford LTD
So they are glued on? My RH side scoop on my 23 CS Atlas blue is a little loose and creaks. I pulled in inside trim back thinking I could tighten it, but couldn't find any nuts.

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
The other issue you should check for is the alignment of the rear stripes. Mine were too high from the factory which caused peeling. Local dealership body guy said he's been replacing them like crazy.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So they are glued on? My RH side scoop on my 23 CS Atlas blue is a little loose and creaks. I pulled in inside trim back thinking I could tighten it, but couldn't find any nuts.
Yes, 3M double sided tape. When applied properly itā€™s really strong and shouldnā€™t have issues, but if thereā€™s gaps and water gets underneath the tape it could loosen over time.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
The other issue you should check for is the alignment of the rear stripes. Mine were too high from the factory which caused peeling. Local dealership body guy said he's been replacing them like crazy.
Lately the Ford Motor Company slogan is "Quality Is Job One šŸ’© "

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Not sure there is such a thing as quality in the car industry anymore. Even Honda and Toyota seem to be making the same mistake as the germans - ride your reputation while you cheapen the product to the point its a steaming pile. I have heard Ford is taking steps to improve quality like simplifying options lists and packages so they require fewer parts from 3rd parties - which also improves supply chain issues - and hopefully results in fewer recalls as they are hitting rediculous levels.

Last edited:

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Not sure there is such a thing as quality in the car industry anymore. Even Honda and Toyota seem to be making the same mistake as the germans - ride your reputation while you cheapen the product to the point its a steaming pile. I have heard Ford is taking steps to improve quality like simplifying options lists and packages so they require fewer parts from 3rd parties - which also improves supply chain issues - and hopefully results in fewer recalls as they are hitting rediculous levels.
Those are good steps, but in truth, quality needs to be designed in right from the start. I hope they took that seriously when developing the S650.

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
IMG_0247.jpg

Just came in today! Already in love and excited for what's to come.

On a side note, how normal (or not normal) is it for one side scoop to be sticking out a little more than the other? One isn't necessarily coming off as far as I can tell but definitely isn't as flush as the other. Bought it from a dealer out of state so not sure if it's something worth mentioning or not.
Take it to any Ford dealer and show them, if it's loose or mounted wrong WARRANTY kicks in and they must fix it.

Hymons

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Posted these in the Iconic Silver thread a bit ago, but I figured I'd add them here as well. A few pics from a recent trip to a local state park:
359520957_10163105844884478_2512973020693662283_n.jpg
359507091_10163105845069478_8591397713380801742_n.jpg
359756449_10163105586099478_6506160907410304066_n.jpg
Sponsored