HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Trump should give California to China as payment of all debts owed to China. Then make China pay for the wall between CA and the USA. Then reclaim CA when China realizes that even a ruthless dictatorship can't fix it and abandons it. With the wall built by china, it will be easier to contain the craziness there and China will be on the brink of bankruptcy from the cost of the wall and the failed effort to fix CA.
Sponsored

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Yeah, crazy place with the wrong people running the asylum in Kalifornia - Bailed out of there when we realized that your average tax rate is 70 - 80% when calculating all of the expense, and taxes you pay, oh then more taxes, not to mention one idiotic unconstitutional law after the other making the average Joe a criminal without cause.... Got an instant 25% raise just by leaving.

'saw an interesting report in a financial rag that now its 1 in 10 people is paying into the system to support the other 9, When I left it was 1 in 6.... Scale of economics is not on their side there.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
FCC struck this down or they would have gone forward with it.
That just means they have to go about it some other way. I love the state and despise the people who run it.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I'll never understand why someone would want to live there. Everything that people argue in favor of it, can be found elsewhere around the country with none of the nonsense. The sooner it breaks off the better lol.
Sadly, the coast absolutely cannot be found anywhere else.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Move to SC. We don't even have vehicle inspections. Some of the shit driving on the roads here is downright scary. While I don't want to pay for an inspection, sometimes I wish we had some minimal regulations on what is road legal.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I always thought NJ sucked, but it sounds like you can't have any auto related fun in CA...
My son in Cali has a stock 13 GT500. The first time he went for a smog check they were going to fail him for an aftermarket air intake, for the factory part! Commiefornia.......

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Move to SC. We don't even have vehicle inspections. Some of the shit driving on the roads here is downright scary. While I don't want to pay for an inspection, sometimes I wish we had some minimal regulations on what is road legal.
No, thanks. Wife and I were done with humidity, hurricanes, mosquitoes, thunderstorms, and flooding after we left Galveston.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
No, thanks. Wife and I were done with humidity, hurricanes, mosquitoes, thunderstorms, and flooding after we left Galveston.
Yeah, that can suck, but I think it is worth it to be a short drive from 3 beaches or a short boat ride to a dozen uninhabited islands.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Do they bother cars with out of state tags? I would hate to end up stationed there
Yes you are subject to Cali laws even with out of states plates while stationed there. My car was registered in Alabama but had to be careful with the mods for the 2 years while I was at Point Loma.

Deleted member 35644

This is ambiguous to the point of being unenforceable. The person who wrote it should be demoted to file clerk.

Passing Waste Service Vehicles: Drivers who approach or overtake a waste collection vehicle when its amber lights are flashing must move into an adjacent lane and pass at a safe distance if possible, according to Assembly Bill 2115. When it’s unsafe to do that, drivers have to slow down to a “safe and reasonable speed.” The law is intended to provide a safety margin for sanitation workers, CHP said.

Sponsored

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Or elevated to dept. head. Ambiguous, so it can not be held up in court, as are most of these laws that just put common sense on paper. Excessive noise, etc. I'd move there in a minute for the climate if I could.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Well there is a dealership in town selling a new 2018 with a modified exhaust off the lot. Hows that going to work out? btw F CA. 5 years 7 months 13 days left in this shit hole.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Not much different than any other state. Even La. has two laws governing exhaust. One says you have to have mufflers and a catalytic convertor (worded differently) and you can’t modify your exhaust to make it louder. And if I understand it right, active exhaust is illegal if you use it on a public road under paragraph B. The good or bad depending on how you feel about it is it’s very seldom enforced. Most teenage boys run obnoxious straight pipes on their trucks in our part of the state.

§352. Mufflers; requirements; prevention of excessive noise, fumes and smoke

A. Every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise.

B. No person shall use a muffler cut-out, bypass or similar device upon a motor vehicle on a highway of this state.

C. The engine and power mechanism of every motor vehicle shall be so equipped and adjusted as to prevent the escape of excessive fumes or smoke.

§353. Modification of exhaust systems

No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of such vehicle, above that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the vehicle and the original muffler shall comply with all of the requirements of R.S. 32:352.
Never enforced. Ever.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Thankfully a far better coast can be found with warm water just south of California. 3 of them in fact.
Mexico?

Funny.
Sponsored