Sponsored

California New 2019 Law!!!

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Apparently not a "fit-it ticket" in 2019:

Some Exhaust Violations Not Correctable: One of the new changes provided by Assembly Bill 1924 is that a mandatory fine will be issued to anyone cited for a modified or excessively loud exhaust or muffler system. Previously, the driver or motorcyclist could avoid the fine by correcting the violation.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Oh California, lol.

Bybcous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 daytona 392
Do they bother cars with out of state tags? I would hate to end up stationed there

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
I always thought NJ sucked, but it sounds like you can't have any auto related fun in CA...

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I always thought NJ sucked, but it sounds like you can't have any auto related fun in CA...
And it keeps getting worse. I heard CA is considering a tax on text messages which is bad enough, but making it retroactive to 2013 is also being considered. If it passes, and someone had moved out of California after 2012, will CA have them extradited back to face trial if they don't voluntarily pay the back tax? Or make the tax on texts received but not on sending them. Then CA can balance the budget by sending as many texts as needed to its citizens.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
And it keeps getting worse. I heard CA is considering a tax on text messages which is bad enough, but making it retroactive to 2013 is also being considered. If it passes, and someone had moved out of California after 2012, will CA have them extradited back to face trial if they don't voluntarily pay the back tax? Or make the tax on texts received but not on sending them. Then CA can balance the budget by sending as many texts as needed to its citizens.
They announced they aren't going forward with that. Sounds pretty typical of them to come up with that idea though.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
They announced they aren't going forward with that. Sounds pretty typical of them to come up with that idea though.
FCC struck this down or they would have gone forward with it.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
That is seriously one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in my life. My brain almost won't let me believe it lol. At least the FCC hasn't gone full retard yet.

Sponsored

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Not much different than any other state. Even La. has two laws governing exhaust. One says you have to have mufflers and a catalytic convertor (worded differently) and you can’t modify your exhaust to make it louder. And if I understand it right, active exhaust is illegal if you use it on a public road under paragraph B. The good or bad depending on how you feel about it is it’s very seldom enforced. Most teenage boys run obnoxious straight pipes on their trucks in our part of the state.

§352. Mufflers; requirements; prevention of excessive noise, fumes and smoke

A. Every motor vehicle shall at all times be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise.

B. No person shall use a muffler cut-out, bypass or similar device upon a motor vehicle on a highway of this state.

C. The engine and power mechanism of every motor vehicle shall be so equipped and adjusted as to prevent the escape of excessive fumes or smoke.

§353. Modification of exhaust systems

No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the motor of such vehicle, above that emitted by the muffler originally installed on the vehicle and the original muffler shall comply with all of the requirements of R.S. 32:352.

Last edited:

drc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 2015 Mustang GT- Sold
Used to live in OC, happily transferred to Louisville, KY. in the 90's it was $500 fine just to wash your car....

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It truly is it’s own world. Shame because it’s a beautiful state but packed full of f’ing lunatics making all the decisions.

Noggles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'll never understand why someone would want to live there. Everything that people argue in favor of it, can be found elsewhere around the country with none of the nonsense. The sooner it breaks off the better lol.
Sponsored