Sponsored

California New 2019 Law!!!

tazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
all of them
Listen to the over uneducated reactions, cal is no different than any other states, pertaining to some kind of smog laws( not including the few states that do not require it). But we failed to mention that a new smog exempt law states we do not, I repeat do not need a smog check now for 8 years after its original purchase date. I love Cali, it is overtaxed but I will take that any day instead of a tornado, hurricane, humidity, volcano, and winter...We can drive our cars year round.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Do they bother cars w/out-of-state tags? I would hate to end up stationed there.
You can't be cited for specific vehicle infractions if the the owner is not a CA resident AND the vehicle is not licensed in the state of CA. BTW, if you move to CA, you have a specific amount of time to register the vehicle in the state of CA. This keeps you from driving in CA w/out CA plates to avoid being cited.

This applies also to infractions which are in place both in CA & the state the vehicle is licensed in. In other words, not having a front license plate is illegal in both TX & CA. If the vehicle is licensed in TX, only TX law enforcement can cite you.

A few years back, my son was cited for fully tinted windows while driving in AZ w/a company car licensed in CA. He just happened to mention it in passing during a phone conversation. I told him to call the AZ authorities & explain the situation. AZ looked up the citation, noted the CA plate (& that my son was a CA resident), & promptly dismissed it. The call took less than five (5) minutes & my son that they were very apologetic about the mistake.

DAMCars

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
C6 Corvette Z51
I hate California. Moving to Arizona was the best decision I ever made. Only regret is not moving sooner.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Listen to the over uneducated reactions, cal is no different than any other states, but we failed to mention that a new smog exempt law states we do not, I repeat do not need a smog check now for 8 years after its original purchase date. I love Cali, it is overtaxed but I will take that any day instead of a tornado, hurricane, humidity, volcano, and winter...We can drive our cars year round.
Wrong Mr. Educated. My aftermarket add ons pass in Louisiana all day long. Would fail Cali's CARB compliance regulations. Not to mention I would be put in jail for my gun collection which is legal here. California's issues are too numerous to list or debate here.

Last edited:

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Do they bother cars with out of state tags? I would hate to end up stationed there
You have to comply with the laws of the state your stationed in. I got hit for exhaust in 2009

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
International Drivers license. LMAO This cop is full of shit.

Last edited:

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
I think it would be nice if the EPA would fine them for all the fire smoke they put into the atmosphere.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
International Drivers license. LMAO This cop is full of shit.
I’m sorry... are you posting this to show what a flaming asshole the Canadian guy is? Because the cop may be wrong about the international DL but he’s absolutely correct on the rest of it.

When the guy argues that he doesn’t have to sign the ticket... game over.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I’m sorry... are you posting this to show what a flaming asshole the Canadian guy is? Because the cop may be wrong about the international DL but he’s absolutely correct on the rest of it.

The driver asked a question. "And if I don't"? (sign the ticket) He never said he doesn't have to sign the ticket. Or argued for that matter. When handed the ticket(s) he signed. The officer was being a tool IMHO. Penis envy would be my guess.

Sponsored

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT

Nope, Beverly Hills cop was a dick. You don't treat people like that. Cop doesn't know what a legal drivers license is, shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun, as he was not properly trained.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, Beverly Hills cop was a dick. You don't treat people like that.
Funny. Driver wasn't ticketed for the reason for the initial stop. Running a stop sign. Guess the officer couldn't produce or dispute video evidence. I am very pro LEO. I know a lot of good officers. None act like this.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
The guy driving the “I have a really small... self-esteem” billboard was spoiling for a fight from the get-go. I was a cop for 4 years, saw hundreds of his type. He wanted to be the poor, oppressed victim and wanted the fight.

When you are stopped by a cop, you are literally under arrest and can be taken into custody right then and there. When you sign a ticket, it’s a field-release from arrest based upon your written promise to appear. When you are stopped, that is not the place to argue the law even if you believe the cop is wrong; that’s what the courts are for.

The guy driving the exotic with the graffiti paint job was a complete jerk, it doesn’t matter that he was “right”. Take it to court, not out on the cop... who should have cited the a-hole for both the stop sign and the exhaust.

The good news is that loud-mouth know-it-alls like him screw with the wrong guy eventually and have their canary-asses handed to them.

It costs NOTHING to be a decent human being and Mr. Canadian Guy failed miserably at it. Thus the “See? I’m right, I’m right, I’m right! And you’re wrong and I’m going to make a 20 minute video to show you how tough and smart I am!” video.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Funny. Driver wasn't ticketed for the reason for the initial stop. Running a stop sign. Guess the officer couldn't produce or dispute video evidence. I am very pro LEO. I know a lot of good officers. None act like this.
It’s not the Officer’s responsibility to “produce” video evidence to a suspect in the field before he writes the cite. Again, that’s for the court. And unless it happened directly in front of the Officer’s camera, there’s no visual evidence to produce or spend 10 minutes arguing over. If Mr. Victoria Canada had a camera with indisputable proof, take it to court. But don’t be a jerk to some guy who’s just trying to make it home to his wife and kids at end of watch.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Nope, Beverly Hills cop was a dick. You don't treat people like that. Cop doesn't know what a legal drivers license is, shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun, as he was not properly trained.
It doesn’t matter what the cop was or wasn’t, he didn’t deserve the abuse he got at the hands of Mr. “Look at my car!” who, evidently, thinks we should all be THRILLED to watch him for 20 minutes.
Sponsored