CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
The guy driving the “I have a really small... self-esteem” billboard was spoiling for a fight from the get-go. I was a cop for 4 years, saw hundreds of his type. He wanted to be the poor, oppressed victim and wanted the fight.

When you are stopped by a cop, you are literally under arrest and can be taken into custody right then and there. When you sign a ticket, it’s a field-release from arrest based upon your written promise to appear. When you are stopped, that is not the place to argue the law even if you believe the cop is wrong; that’s what the courts are for.

The guy driving the exotic with the graffiti paint job was a complete jerk, it doesn’t matter that he was “right”. Take it to court, not out on the cop... who should have cited the a-hole for both the stop sign and the exhaust.

The good news is that loud-mouth know-it-alls like him screw with the wrong guy eventually and have their canary-asses handed to them.

It costs NOTHING to be a decent human being and Mr. Canadian Guy failed miserably at it. Thus the “See? I’m right, I’m right, I’m right! And you’re wrong and I’m going to make a 20 minute video to show you how tough and smart I am!” video.
Agree. It cost nothing to be a decent human being. Professionalism is free too. It is valid to ask why the driver wasn't ticketed for running a stop sign? There was no love between those two. The officer missed an excellent opportunity to ticket the driver with something that would stick. All he had to produce was a ticket.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It costs NOTHING to be a decent human being and Mr. Canadian Guy failed miserably at it. Thus the “See? I’m right, I’m right, I’m right! And you’re wrong and I’m going to make a 20 minute video to show you how tough and smart I am!” video.
Okay. BUT you are overlooking the fact that the cop was a disgrace to the uniform. Aside from being on as much of an ego trip as the narcissistic video maker was (call that a draw), he lied his ass off about him running a stop sign. He was ready to frame the driver because the guy "wasn't a decent human being" in his opinion. He never even mentioned the stop sign until he realized the driver was probably right about the license and exhaust. Cops do NOT zero in on a virtually no-victim crime like a loud exhaust and ignore running a stop sign which can kill someone. If the guy ran a stop sign that should have been the first thing out of the officer's mouth and a loud exhaust an "oh, also...".

I'm surprised you aren't upset about an officer trying to frame someone, even if it's not for some felony.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Okay. BUT you are overlooking the fact that the cop was a disgrace to the uniform. Aside from being on as much of an ego trip as the narcissistic video maker was (call that a draw), he lied his ass off about him running a stop sign. He was ready to frame the driver because the guy "wasn't a decent human being" in his opinion. He never even mentioned the stop sign until he realized the driver was probably right about the license and exhaust. Cops do NOT zero in on a virtually no-victim crime like a loud exhaust and ignore running a stop sign which can kill someone. If the guy ran a stop sign that should have been the first thing out of the officer's mouth and a loud exhaust an "oh, also...".

I'm surprised you aren't upset about an officer trying to frame someone, even if it's not for some felony.
Oh, you were there to know the guy didn’t run the stop?

You might want to rewatch the video. A-hole demands to know why he was stopped and the Officer clearly says it was for the exhaust and stop sign. Long before the DL issue is resolved. Since I didn’t see the stop sign violation or hear the exhaust, I’ll go with the Officer’s version until he’s judged to be wrong in court. Brow-beating some poor cop just because he had the misfortune to stop the biggest a-hole in Canada is NEVER the way to handle it.

By the way, what was the cop’s PC to make the stop? The license issue didn’t come up until AFTER the stop. Which means it WAS either the exhaust or the stop sign or both. It doesn’t matter that Mr. O’Canada wasn’t cited for either. In most cases, Officers in the field can use their discretion on what to cite when there are multiple violations.

Why don’t you go ride-along with your local agency to see what nice people you get to deal with over and over and then come back and comment.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

You might want to rewatch the video. A-hole demands to know why he was stopped and the Officer clearly says it was for the exhaust and stop sign. Long before the DL issue is resolved. Since I didn’t see the stop sign violation or hear the exhaust, I’ll go with the Officer’s version until he’s judged to be wrong in court. Brow-beating some poor cop just because he had the misfortune to stop the biggest a-hole in Canada is NEVER the way to handle it.

By the way, what was the cop’s PC to make the stop? The license issue didn’t come up until AFTER the stop. Which means it WAS either the exhaust or the stop sign or both. It doesn’t matter that Mr. O’Canada wasn’t cited for either. In most cases, Officers in the field can use their discretion on what to cite when there are multiple violations.

Why don’t you go ride-along with your local agency to see what nice people you get to deal with over and over and then come back and comment.
I'm beginning to wonder if you are the officer in the video. Give it up man.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I'm beginning to wonder if you are the officer in the video. Give it up man.
You give it up. The sequence of events is clear and it doesn’t support you.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

You seem a little dense about some things. Okay, you were right that the officer mentioned the stop sign that early BUT the point is he did NOT write a ticket for that after learning the "perp" claimed to have a dash cam which the officer could see for himself after it was mentioned. I don't believe for a second any cop really thinks a loud exhaust is as serious an offense as running stop signs. Now maybe you are gullible enough to believe illogical statements from people you stop but I'm not going to believe something so illogical from an officer. He claims the driver ran a stop sign but then doesn't write a ticket after he hears a claim there was video evidence to the contrary when he claims to have a video of the stop sign being run. Am I to believe that the officer thought so highly of the driver that despite said driver calling him a liar, he decided to NOT cite for the most egregious offense? Yeah, right.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
You seem a little dense about some things. Okay, you were right that the officer mentioned the stop sign that early BUT the point is he did NOT write a ticket for that after learning the "perp" claimed to have a dash cam which the officer could see for himself after it was mentioned. I don't believe for a second any cop really thinks a loud exhaust is as serious an offense as running stop signs. Now maybe you are gullible enough to believe illogical statements from people you stop but I'm not going to believe something so illogical from an officer. He claims the driver ran a stop sign but then doesn't write a ticket after he hears a claim there was video evidence to the contrary when he claims to have a video of the stop sign being run. Am I to believe that the officer thought so highly of the driver that despite said driver calling him a liar, he decided to NOT cite for the most egregious offense? Yeah, right.
HaHa was waiting for this response. Hoosier I agree with your logic. I almost felt sorry for the officer as the driver PWNS him. As the video progressed my sympathy gave way to laughter.

Last edited:

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I get, I get it: you both really like narcissistic assholes better than the police.

Glad you both had a great Christmas.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I get, I get it: you both really like narcissistic assholes better than the police.

Just to clarify I looked up the definition of narcissistic personality disorder. Some of your posts fit the pattern. We can disagree and that's ok. But when you make inflammatory posts like this... You come off like the officer.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Again, facts not in evidence.

The driver is a total jerk. But you seem to think its some zero sum game.

But yes, if I was forced to spend time with either a narcissistic asshole or a cop who threatens to cite someone for something they didn't do, I'll take the narcissist.

And since you concluded that we are judging all police by the conduct of one bad example, are we to assume you think his bad behavior is typical? Don't sell your profession short. I've know hundreds of cops over my career (including almost every one in the movie Gauntlet L0L) and with very few exceptions they were the salt of the earth.

That particular cop, at the very least, let his ego get the best of him. I don't like it any better than you do but being a narcissistic asshole is not illegal.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Just to clarify I looked up the definition of narcissistic personality disorder. Some of your posts fit the pattern. We can disagree and that's ok. But when you make inflammatory posts like this... You come off like the officer.
Thank you for that amazing analysis, Dr. Lecter.

Thankfully, there are few like you on this board.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Help me understand. The folks who live in California love the state for its weather and scenery while despising the ridiculous laws and outrageous taxes, but continue to vote for the same idiots running the state.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Help me understand. The folks who live in California love the state for its weather and scenery while despising the ridiculous laws and outrageous taxes, but continue to vote for the same idiots running the state.
That's the glass half empty view. As a sometime visitor, I like to see the glass half full and am grateful they didn't get to vote on the scenery.
Sponsored